15: ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴀᴡᴀɪᴛꜱ

We were climbing the rails on the top so they wouldn't see us. We were crawling at the top so they wouldn't hear us, and we pointed our weapons at them, ready to attack. Neteyam jumped and slashed the people walking past us with a knife. Me and Lo'ak followed. He had a gun and I had my bow and arrows. I shot them without a single miss. Spider saw us and started to help us. As one of the humans grabbed their gun, Lo'ak fired at them. And then we had to run in case we'd get cuffed again.
"Thanks guys," Spider said and I just wanted to roll my eyes at him. I hate this boy, he gives me a bad feeling. We saw Quaritch in the distance and ran for our lives.

"Go! Go! Go!" We hid behind a wall.
"Gimme that!" Neteyam grabbed the gun in Lo'ak's arms and shot back at Quaritch. 
"Go!" This was when I had the worst feeling ever. I really didn't want to leave him behind but I went with Lo'ak and Spider. The three of us jumped in the sea and Neteyam came shortly after. 
After we got to the surface Lo'ak laughed. "Bro, that was insane cuz!"
"Now's not the time. Where's Neteyam?" I saw him come to the surface coughing and unable to breathe. Uh oh. 
"Get on!" Tsireya told Lo'ak to get on the Ilu with her.
"Oh no. Neteyam! Are you okay?" I got his arm and Lo'ak copied me, wrapping his other arm around him. 
"You skxawng. I am shot."
"Shit!"
"I feared this would happen." I mumbled. We rushed him onto the Ilu applying pressure on his wound.
We saw Jake run towards us.
"Dad!" Lo'ak yelled.
"It's Neteyam! He's shot," I was trying my best to keep calm. I didn't want this to happen. I wish this was just a dream. 

We carried him onto a rock and he was hyperventilating. I tried not to cry, and I helped them.
"It's okay bro, I've got you." Lo'ak assured.
"Get pressure on it."

Neytiri came on an Ilu. "No, no, no, no,"
We were all by his side, and he said, "I want to go home,"
Jake replied, "I know, we're.. we're going home."
"Dad I.." He was saying.. then the moment we all dreaded happened, he stopped speaking, he stopped breathing, he stopped blinking. We all froze.

"Neteyam," Neytiri whispered, "No, no, no.. NETEYAM!!" She screamed. Jake had to calm her down. "Listen, we gotta be strong, for our son, okay?"
Tears formed out of my eyes, and then ran down my cheek. No way this was happening. 

I clasped my hands over my mouth and shook my head, crying, "This cannot be happening. This cannot be happening right now!"
Neytiri hugged him. "No. My son, no my son, NO!" Everyone was crying, Lo'ak was crying with Neteyam's blood all over his hands, which made me cry even more. Tsireya and Spider were crying to, they didn't want to show it.

~

"Can you hear me, Corporal? Yeah, I think you can. I got your daughters. Same deal as before. You for them." Quaritch said into the mic. jake turned to Lo'ak. "Where are your sisters? Your sisters! Where are they?!!"
"I don't know," Lo'ak replied in a quiet voice, still in shock.
"Where are they?!"
"On the ship, they're tied up on the ship!" Said Tsireya.
"They're at the moon pool." Spider said.
"What?" 
"Come I'll show you."

Neytiri pulled herself together, but all I wanted to do was stay with Neteyam, forever.

"Stay with your brother." Jake said to Lo'ak.
"But I want to go with you,"
"You've done enough." Jake went with Spider and there we were, the three of us on the rock with Neteyam, sobbing.
Tsireya was staring at his with tears filling up in her eyes. 
"I need to go and find Aonung and Roxto. To make sure they're safe." and she called an ilu and went back.
I turned to Lo'ak with disappointment. But I didn't want to blame it on him since it was that boy's fault.
"What did I tell you? What did I tell you Lo'ak? I said that if we go someone's gonna get injured. Didn't I? Or were you too busy ignoring me going to save that stupid boy?" He had tears in his eyes from what I just said, and I hugged him immediately.
"I'm sorry. I take my anger out on people without realising." 
He hugged me back. 
"Don't worry, I'm fine. But how did you know?"
"I was very connected with Eywa as a child. So I received powers from her. Not many people know. It's just Tsireya and Aonung. But no one else knows. I knew that you were coming to our land, a long time before you arrived. And I knew that Kiri was connected to Eywa too. She's Eywa's grandchild, I'm guessing. Please don't tell anyone."

"But if you knew why did you follow me? Why didn't you leave with Neteyam?"

"Okay first of all, I knew it was one of you, I never knew it would be Neteyam. And second, if I left with Neteyam, you would've died. I had no choice. Shall we see where Kiri and Tuk are?"

"Okay," our faces were still wet from all the crying, but we stayed strong.

"Oh shit, they're unsafe," Lo'ak looked alarmed. He cupped my cheek and stood up, "Stay with him,"
"Lo'ak no!"
I could still see what was going on, but I didn't want to be alone.

~~