3: ɴᴇᴡ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ = ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇꜱꜱ

I spent hours looking for Lo'ak, not realising how large it would be outside the reef. I was about to fall asleep, exhausted by my lack of energy and faith, when I noticed a sign of Eywa. I chose to follow the seed in the hope that it would lead me somewhere. Following Eywa for a few minutes revealed that it was leading me to an old friend, the Payakan, who was gazing at the stars with Lo'ak. I released a sigh of relief and wrapped my arms around Lo'ak.

"Lo'ak! Oh, I'm so glad I found you!" He looked surprised at first, but then realised it was me

"Eyrina!" He hugged me back, "How did you find me? I thought I was gonna be stuck out here forever," 

I responded, "Eywa led me here."

Lo'ak wrapped his arms around my stomach as I re-boarded my Ilu. The sensation of his hands holding me turned my cheeks a pale pink, but at least he couldn't see me.

The moment our parents saw us, Lo'ak's were happy and relieved, whereas my parents were furious.

"What the hell were you doing out there in such an hour?!" My mother screamed.

"Maybe it's because your stupid son decided to leave someone clueless out of the reef at night, knowing he don't know his way back and that something very dangerous could've happened to him!!" I said out of anger, not realising what I had just yelled to my own mother.

"How dare you speak to me like that! Get out of my face, now! NOW! You bring so much disapointment to the family." I walked back and I almost cried because of the last thing she said to me, although I was used to it. I decided to go for a swim which made me calm down. I was near Mr and Mrs Sully's Marui and I could see how worried Neteyam was by himself. I walked over to his Marui and told him what had happened.

"Neteyam,"

"Eyrina, where have you been all day? What happened to Lo'ak?" He was asking so many questions, and I smiled slightly as I realised what a good brother he was to Lo'ak.
"There's no need to be concerned; I found him."
He exhaled a sigh of relief and said, "I should have been there for him, I'm such a bad broth—"
"Listen, it's not your fault, it's my brother's fault, plus when I found him, he was fine, he was literally gazing at the stars," I chuckled and drew him into a hug, assuring him that everything was fine now.

"Thank you, Rina,"
"Did you just give me a nickname?" I giggled, "Alright then, Tey," He smiled.

~

I was still talking to Neteyam about how my life was a mess, and how my parents mistreated me, when I saw Lo'ak with his parents walking towards us. When they came over, Lo'ak hadn't said a word to me but Neytiri and Jake thanked me for finding Lo'ak, and they were reassuring me that I wasn't a disappointment, which made me really happy since no one had said that to me, not even the only person I talk to (Tsireya).

Jake was talking to Kiri, who was sitting outside staring at the water, when Neytiri dragged me into the vacant Marui next to them. She pulled me into a hug, and I hugged her back."Eyrina, can I tell you something?" She sat me down."Of course, Mrs Sully," I said politely."First, you don't have to call me Mrs. Sully; please call me Neytiri," she said as she took my hand in hers."B- Why?" I enquired

"Because, I see the way your family treats you, and that's definitely not okay. I want you to be closer to us and you're more than welcome so sleep in our Marui and come anytime you want. You don't have to," She reminded me.

I was ecstatic.

"Are you sure, Mrs– Neytiri?? What if my family don't approve—,"

"Well, who said you had to tell them?" She said in a cheeky smirk.

"Thank you, Neytiri, I really appreciate it. No-one's ever offered me something like this!" I gave her a bear hug, and she did the same.

~~

They essentially became my second family after that.I would spend hours telling Lo'ak and Neteyam stories about this island, I would visit the Eywa almost every day with Kiri, I would play with Tuk in the reef, I would weave with Neytiri in her Marui, I would go fishing with Jake (he also let me call him by his first name), and I hardly ever saw my family. And at night, when everyone was sleeping, I'd sneak over to their Marui and return before anyone woke up. I was happier than I had been in ages, if not years.

~~

Hello everyone :) I just want to say that I might not be posting everyday now because I'll be busy with school (😭😭🤚) but I'll try to do it everyday. Thanks for stopping by, 

-ffrogg <33