8: ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ꜱʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴅᴇᴅ

It was the same day that Kiri had a seizure and it was after the eclipse when we had eaten and now my dad was telling a story. Kiri was in the family Marui sleeping and I was sitting in the second row next to only Neteyam since I was in the corner. Everyone else sat next to Neteyam. I had heard about this tale more than a million times, it's about this special necklace that the ancestors of the founder of this land get, which is us. There are 8 necklaces that we received. One each for our parents, Aonung, me, Tsireya and for the soon-to-come baby.

I was about to fall asleep and I kept trying to hold my head up. But my eyes started to weigh a ton, and so did my head.
"Are you tired?" Neteyam whispered.
I nodded, rubbing my eyes.
"You can sleep on my shoulder if you want," he turned to me.
"Wait, really?"
"Yeah,"
"Thanks," I replied and eventually fell asleep on his shoulder.

~~

The next day I woke up and the thick clouds covered the sun, no sun today, I guess. Then I realized that I was  in Neteyam's Marui and no one was there. Huh. Neteyam must have carried me here last night. I got up and the first person I ran into was Lo'ak. 
"Ah, Lo'ak! L–" I smiled at him and was walking to him but he stared at me with an angry  expression on his face and turned around to walk away. I was really confused. What?? Tuk ran to him.
"Lo'ak! Can we go hunting?" Tuk asked. Lo'ak kneeled down to her height.
"Of course! Let's go," He made the sound to attract the Ilu's and swam off with Tuk.
I taught him how to do that, I thought. That put a little smile on my face, but not even that lasted long.

~~

"Hey," a low voice was heard behind me and a cold hand touched my shoulder sending chills down my spine. I started shaking already knowing who that voice belonged to. It wasn't Roxto. It was someone else, much worse.

Axto.

A tall guy, and he wore braids with beads. He had a muscular shape and he was never afraid to fight.

"What the fuck do you want from me now?! I'm only 14!" I slapped his hand off of my shoulder and ran to my Marui already spotting Aonung. Tears spilled down my cheeks faster than the speed of light.

"Aonung!" I ran to him and he immediately knew that he was there.
"Go to Mom. Stay with them, I'll go sort this bitch out." He walked out growling at him behind me, ready to pick fights. I went to the communal area and saw mom, dad and Tsireya. I sprinted to them, my heart thumping, heavier than I possibly imagined. 

"Aonung's gone after him," my voice cracked, not being able to get the words out of my mouth.
"Who? Oh–" My mom realized who I was talking about.
"I'll go after him, you're okay Eyrina, he's dealing with me and Aonung, he hasn't got a chance," My dad assured me.
Mom and Tsireya hugged me both tight, assuring nothing would happen. Of course  that was a lie. I dreaded for the day that he'd come back. Today's the day, I guess.

~~