6: ᴀᴡᴋᴡᴀʀᴅᴅᴅ

"Can you follow me?" He asked politely.
"Okay.." I was confused at first, but I wanted to see what Lo'ak had for me in mind.

(don't worry you haven't skipped a chapter lmao)

 He sat me down on the rock that I took him to, where you could see everything, he knew this was my favourite spot.

"There's something I need to tell you,"
I sighed with a smile, knowing what he was already going to say. It was so obvious.
"I don't know about you Eyrina, but I like you, I like you so much, ever since the day I saw you, ever since you climbed out of the water, flicking your hair like a goddess. I love you, and I hope we can be together.. Eyrina?" He turned to me, who was silent and didn't know what to say.

"I think I—" I was then interrupted by another voice, a very loud annoying voice buzzing in my ears.
~~
"EYRINA!!" Aonung yelled. My eyes shot open and I realized it was a dream.
"Oh," I muttered sadly. I wanted that dream to become true.
"Oh, thank Eywa you're still alive! I thought you died!" He sighed in relief.
"Stop overreacting. Go away skxawng ass, let me sleep." I turned away from him onto my other side.
"Oh, come on Rina, you're so boring, I was gonna ask you to come hunting with me," 
"Nooo, leave me alone," I muttered. 

Just then my dad came in and shooed him away.
"Leave your sister alone." He turned to me.
"Are you okay, Eyrina?" He said whilst placing his hand on my forehead, searching for a high temperature.
I gently pushed his hand away.
"No dad, I'm fine, I'm just tired."
I wanted to get back to that dream, but because of stupid Aonung I have to get up. By the time I sat up my dad had left. I sighed. Why can't that dream come true? I thought. Wait, do I.. like Lo'ak? No way, I like him. But I can't let this happen, what would my father think of me?! I started to hyperventilate. Oh, my, Eywa. I LIKE LO'AK?!?!

~~

I was sitting with Tsireya, Aonung and a few of his friends, Neteyam, Lo'ak, Kiri and Tuk. Tsireya was telling everyone a tale about this land, and I zoned out thinking of that dream. My mind was debating on whether I like Lo'ak or not. Just because I want that dream to become true, doesn't mean I like Lo'ak, right? No, of course it does Eyrina, are you stupid? Ugh, I'm so confused. I sighed in frustration and everyone stared at me puzzled.

"Do you want me to stop telling the story?" Asked Tsireya.

My mind processed for a second and I realized what I had just done.

"Oh, no, no," I shook my head, "carry on, it's just.. uh– nevermind. Carry on Reya." I went back to zoning out and figuring out my love life. I mean, it's probably just a little crush, right? I hope so. No big deal, you're just making this a big deal..

~~

Not long later, we were still in a circle but this time it was Roxto's turn to tell a story. Everyone was really interested in these stories but I found them boring to tell since I had heard all of them so many times. I was thinking of scenarios of a specific person (I think you know who by now) until I said something really embarrassing that slipped out of my mind. I felt like the sand could just swallow me already.

I muttered under my breath, "I See You too," then my eyes widened in realization. 
"Eyrina what was that?" Neteyam frowned.
I mumbled in gibberish, words not coming to mind.
"Ignore th– I.. uhhh– I‑ I need to go.." My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. I don't think I could ever face them again.

~~

Bye I can't– I don't know why I put that last bit 🥲 oh well, wish me luck now, I don't know how to continue the story lmao