1: ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜʟʟʏꜱ

I was going for a dive with Tsireya and Aonung and his friends when I felt tired and I signaled them to come up to the surface.

"Guys I'm tired, can we go back to the Marui?" I asked, feeling drowsy from the swim.

"Yeah, I'm tired too,"

~~

We swam back to the center where everyone hung around, we told stories and had fun together on most nights.
Everyone was clustered around six wild creatures, but all I could really make out was their vivid blue skin. Why was their skin tone different? In order to get a better view, I gently shoved individuals out of the way. I thought it was sort of hilarious when one of them, who was around my height and appeared to be about my age, kept looking at me up and down.

He smirked, "Hey."
I chuckled and responded to him with the same thing.

The other two, who I assume to be the parents, were in deep conversation with my parents. I deduced from their conversation that they were the Sullys. "Come, I will show you around the village," I remarked when they ceased talking.
I directed them to an unoccupied Marui.
"This will be your new home," I told them as I assisted them in unpacking their belongings, which were largely weapons. I introduced myself as Eyrina. The woman who went by the name of Neytiri thanked me as I assisted them.

"Mrs. Sully, no issue; it's the least I can do!"My sister unexpectedly appeared and identified herself as Tsireya."Mr. and Mrs. Sully, would you like us to walk Neteyam, Lo'ak, Kiri, and Tuk around the village and show them how to learn their paths underwater?" Mr. Sully, also known as Jake, responded to Tsireya's polite question by nodding and we parted ways. Tsireya accompanied Kiri and Tuk, whilst I accompanied Lo'ak and Neteyam.

~~

I began by teaching them how to ride an Ilu.

"Who would like to go first?" My hands were on my hips as I questioned.Neteyam appeared confident, whilst Lo'ak appeared afraid.
"I'll go-"
Neteyam was going to say something when his brother interrupted him and shoved him.
"I'll go,"
" So, you must first join the threads."He reached for his plait and joined the Ilu with it.
"Can you hear it breathing? Can you feel its heartbeat?" I stacked my hand on top of his and put his on the side of the Ilu that contained the heart.

His Ilu briefly went off before he was even ready, causing him to fall off, and I giggled slightly.

~~

Neteyam came next.
He performed considerably better after I gave him the same explanation of how everything worked, but he still fell off.

~~

Afterwards, we all gathered, and Aonung and his friends decided to join us halfway through. I demonstrated how to manage your breath underwater while we sat in a circle.Lo'ak was little alarmed when I put my palm on his chest after noticing that his pulse was quick.I commented, "Your pulse is rapid."
He responded awkwardly, "Sorry."
"Try to breathe as I do." I exhaled deeply, and Kiri did little more than roll her eyes as Neteyam and one of Aonung's buddies laughed.

~~

Time skip: 11:30pm

I toss and turned on my blanket, unable to fall asleep. I got out of bed and noticed that nobody was awake, so I started wandering. When I passed the Sully's Marui on my way around the neighborhood, Neteyam was sitting on the edge of the bridge with his feet in the water and gazing into the ethereal sea. When he looked up at me, he grinned joyfully.

"Why are you awake at this hour?" He inquired.I responded,
"I could say the same thing."
"I can't sleep," I replied,
"Me neither," to him.I sat down next to him and slowly submerged each of my legs into the water as we talked until Lo'ak overheard us. His face showed some sign of jealousy, but as soon as he approached us, his mood changed. He put a false smile on his face.

"What are you guys doing up so late?" He rubbed his eyes and questioned in his cute accent while seated in front of us.Neteyam went to him and said,

"We can't sleep."

"Oh, I can't either. Can I join you?"

"Sure," I replied.We spoke for hours until my head sank onto Lo'ak's shoulder from exhaustion. He appeared astonished, so I instantly raised my head.I murmured, moving a little away from him,

"I'm very sorry, it was out of my control." I apologised.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." With the most adorable accent ever, Lo'ak responded once more.Neteyam advised,
"I think we should all go to bed now; I'm exhausted as well."

"Yeah," I replied as Lo'ak led me back to my Marui. I gave him a goodnight hug before slipping under my cover. I have to admit, he is cute.

~~

(A/N: Hey guys so I actually can't believe I got here, making a fanfic about a blue alien 😭 🤚 Anyways I hope you have a great day/night. HAPPY NEW YEARS TOO :DD)

-ffr0gg <33