10: ᴄᴏɴꜰᴇꜱꜱɪᴏɴ

3RD PERSON/NO ONE'S POV:

A FEW WEEKS LATER:

 It had been quite a while since Eyrina had a thing for Neteyam. It had also been quite a while since Neteyam had a thing for Eyrina. And they both wanted to talk about it.
Neteyam was sitting in his marui with Neytiri and was making food with her. She was cutting onions whilst Neteyam was cutting meat.
And Eyrina was staring at the sea and sitting on the side whilst dipping her feet in it. It was nearly dark which was why the two were making food, for food time. Eyrina decided to tell Neteyam first. She walked up to them. Neteyam looked up at her.
"Can we talk?" They both asked in unison.
"Yeah let's go," Eyrina replied.
Neytiri smirked in the corner already knowing what they were going to talk about, no one realised though.

They went into the empty marui they always hung out in. 

~

"You go first," Neteyam offered.

"I-Okay.. Neteyam, I don't know about you, but I like you," She looked into his eyes, waiting for a response.
"I was going to say that too," He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck, "But it's not just that," he continued.
"Me too, but you carry on,"
"Okay, we can't be together. Were you going to say that?"
"Yeah," She replied, "What's your reason?"
"It's just, I just remembered that.. my brother likes you and I can't ruin that for him.."
"Oh is that so? He likes me now? So that's why he's been avoiding me. He thinks we like each other." Eyrina teased jokingly. They both paused, then they hugged each other tight.
"Can we still be friends? I don't want to lose you," Neteyam mumbled into her shoulder whilst they were hugging.
"Of course Tey, I'll always love you as a friend."

~~

EYRINA'S POV:

We had already told stories and now we sat around different fireplaces. Me, Lo'ak, Neteyam, Kiri and Tuk sat together. Tsireya, Aonung and some of our other friends sat together in a circle around a different fireplace. There was some comfortable silence, but there was conversation going on. Lo'ak was still really quiet but he engaged in the conversation when someone was talking, except me. He was sort of talking to Neteyam. Small talk.

~~

After everyone was heading over to their Marui's, I held Lo'ak back.
"Listen, I know why you're ignoring me–" I was interrupted by Lo'ak.
"Congrats, you got the hint, would you like a medal?" He said in a sarcastic tone. I rolled my eyes and started to speak again.
"Lo'ak, y–" He continued to ignore me and carry on with his whole speech.
"Why were you ignoring me?" He properly turned to me this time.
"Uh, hello?! You were the one ignoring me, that's why I was ignoring you! Why are you angry at me??"

"That night," he mumbled, "You slept on Neteyam's shoulder. I thought you had feelings for me, our friendship was going so well, and then after that day you became closer to Neteyam, around him all the time!"

"I was only talking to him because you were ignoring me!" I raised my voice.
I continued, "Look, me and Neteyam spoke about this today, we cleared everything out of the way, he said he loves me and a friend, and I love him as a friend, alright?!" I sorta lied, no, I told the truth but left out some.. bits.. he didn't need to know...

Lo'ak looked me in the eyes with a sad expression on his face. I realised that I had raised my voice at him and i felt really bad. Immediately I pulled him into a hug, and he reluctantly hugged me back.
"I'm sorry Lo'ak, I didn't realise I was raising my voice at you," 

We stood there hugging in the dark, staring at each other in the eyes.

He completely ignored what I said and started a new conversation.
"I like you, Eyrina."
I giggled, and for a second he looked scared as if I were to reject him on the spot.
"Don't worry I like you too,"
"So why are you laughing?" he asked.
"I already knew, I mean it was kinda obvious," I laughed. He smirked in a cute but embarrassed way too.
"Plus Neteyam told me,"
"That little b‒"
"And Neytiri," I interrupted.

"Wha‒ I swear she knows everything," I chuckled then looked him in the eyes.
"So.. are we good now?" I asked.

"I think we may be a little more than that, Rina,"

~~

OOH- IT BE GETTING SPICYYYY 🌶 anyways y'all have a slay life– byee  👋