33

Celia felt her heart thumping incessantly as she provided him with the address Venezio had given her. The drive to the designated destination took half an hour, during which Celia made sure to portray herself as hurt and heartbroken. When he parked the car in the building's garage area, Celia remained seated for a moment, her demeanor dull and lifeless. Just as she was about to exit the car, his hand reached out and stopped her in her tracks. She turned around, and her breath caught in her lungs as she processed the unexpected press of his lips against hers. His mouth moved passionately, but she remained seated, uncertain of what mistake she had made to trigger this sudden intimacy.

Without hesitation, she straddled his lap, making it appear as though she desired the engagement as well. The kiss was far from gentle, and as he bit down on her lower lip, a hiss of pain escaped her. Feeling breathless, she could feel his hard arousal pressed against her covered core as he aggressively focused his attention on her neck, his self-control slipping away in a haze of lust. Acting swiftly, she jerked her hand, creating distance between their bodies. With heavy, unbalanced breaths, she stared at him. "We shouldn't do this here. People will see us," she warned, desperation leaking into her tone. He smirked, capturing the desperation in her voice.

Agreeing to her plea, he unbuckled his seatbelt, turned off the engine, and carried her out of the car, his hand firmly on her covered ass. Celia gasped at the sudden movement. "Put me down," she requested.

"Your apartment?" he inquired, a hint of anticipation in his voice.

"Down first," she replied.

He gently placed her on her feet and wrapped his hand around her waist. They made their way towards the elevator, and she pressed the apartment number she had memorized. Impatient for relief from his undeniable arousal, he eagerly awaited their arrival. As the elevator dinged, she took a left turn down the corridor, with him following closely behind. Finally reaching the last apartment, she retrieved the access card from her purse and swiped it on the door security screen. With a cracking sound, the door swung open, and she entered first, followed by him. She deliberately chose not to lock the door.

Having seen a virtual view of the apartment provided by Venezio, Celia knew how to make it look like she belonged there. She casually slung her purse on the couch and strolled over to the refrigerator, searching for wine or champagne. After all, what does one do when heartbroken? They drink. With the same dull expression, she selected a bottle of red wine and retrieved two glasses from the cabinet. Taking a seat on the couch where she had dropped her purse earlier, she observed his every move with a hawk-like gaze. With scrutiny in her eyes, she requested, "Mister Domenico, could you please switch on the AC from the entrance switchboard?" He nodded and left to fulfill her request.

Seizing the opportunity, she discreetly completed her pending tasks involving the drug. She started pouring the drink into his glass, discreetly slipping in three drugs. Rather than pouring for herself, she chose to gulp down the wine straight from the bottle. He returned and took the wine and a seat beside her. He took a sip, his eyes fixed on her. "He fucking will pay for his infidelity," she muttered to herself, nodding, before taking another sip. She turned to face him. "Make me forget him after drinking that," she pleaded, her eyes reflecting the same dullness.

His eyes fixated on the delicate crystal glass before him, then shifted to meet her gaze. In mere seconds, he comprehended the unfamiliar taste of the wine. Abandoning his glass abruptly, he rose from his seat, his presence looming over her frame. Deep caramel eyes locked onto her, his jaw clenched with intensity. A stray strand of hair fell onto his forehead as his lips curled into a taunting smirk. She met his gaze vehemently, but before she could react, he hoisted her aggressively over his shoulder, striding purposefully towards the bedroom. "Put me down!" she yelled, struggling to escape his grip. A harsh spank landed on her ass cheek, eliciting a sharp hiss. As he entered the room, her eyes caught sight of a gun placed ominously on the table.