♡ Right Next Door ♡

Summary: Classic florist x tattoo artist AU

A/N: Ngl, I love this one...

Day #22: Flowers

Milo mostly stayed in their shop, however, the street they worked on was setting up a festival and the organizer practically begged them to handle the decorations. So, they've been in the sun for hours setting up several flower displays for people to walk past without even noticing the nature around them.

The reaper originally put thought into the arrangements, but their emotions towards this useless festival started to show via the flowers they used; Daisies and Gentains slowly got replaced by Nettles and Peonies and Milo couldn't care enough to fix the rude messages of the flowers. It's not like anyone would pick up on their feelings anyway.

"Wow, who hurt you?" Milo heard someone ask from behind them, turning around to see the new monster on the block. They've heard a bit about him, his name is Oz and he runs the tattoo parlor next door to their flower shop; they wanted to drop by and say hi at some point, but they couldn't find the motivation to.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Milo replies while continuing to hang flowers on the street light in front of them.

"Well, you mixed Orange Lilies with Petunias, it's almost as if you're screaming you don't want to be here." Oz jokes, helping Milo hang up the many flowers they had gathered.

"Oh really," Milo asks, looking down at the fearling from the latter they were on. "And why would a simple tattoo artist such as yourself understand the complexities of flowers and their hidden meanings?"

"Well, I recognize half of these from a tattoo I did for a friend... she just got broken up with." Oz explains and Milo couldn't help but laugh at the reason.

"Well that's a shame she's going to have these hateful messages plastered on her body, but at least it's hidden with the beauty of flowers." Milo says while getting down from their ladder and moving over to the next street light, they swore there were more lights than usual.

"Yeah, she seemed happy with it, and who am I to rain on her parade?" Oz asks while picking up Milo's flower basket and walking over to the next light.

Milo shook their head playfully before continuing to add strung flowers to the light posts, an occasional curse slipped from the reaper's lips whenever they dropped something or couldn't get the arrangement just right. Thankfully, Oz was always there to give suggestions so Milo didn't completely lose their mind.

"Hold on," Milo asks after hanging the last flower onto the post they were at. "Are you decorating at all for your store? It was to my understanding every storefront had to decorate something to show a sense of community."

"Well yeah, but how are you supposed to show off your tattoo parlor with simple decorations?" Oz laughs before continuing. "I asked the organizer if I could just set up a tattoo stand, but apparently that's too inappropriate for a family event, so I'm going to be doing face paint instead."

"Well, that sucks," Milo laughs while walking over to the last post on the street. "You're gonna have to deal with bratty kids all-night, I could never."

"It's not all bad, I'm going to have one of my friends help me out so the kids don't get too out of control." Oz states while holding up the last arrangement for Milo to hang up, which thankfully didn't cause much trouble.

"What about you, what are you doing during the festivial?" Oz asks the reaper, who was climbing down the ladder for the last time that night.

"Just set up a cart with some basic roses and orchids so lovesick couples can buy from me, maybe make an arrangement or two for the parents." Milo says casually while studying the flowers that lined the entire street, making it look the slightest bit more magical.