♡ Written in the Stars ♡

Summary: Milo and Oz were both immortal beings and have been together for centuries, yet they have not put a ring on it yet. Both didn't really care about marriage, considering it was a mortal tradition for the mortals alone. However, that didn't stop them when it came to other mortal traditions.

A/N: Hey besties, I'm going to be honest, I hated this prompt with a burning passion. Weddings and the idea of marriage has just always been weird to me and I had no idea how to go about this One-Shot. Then... an idea popped into my head... what if I made a second part to, "Mortals and Otherwise" where they adapt their own version of marriage? So yeah, that's what this is, consider it an installment of sorts!

Day #5: "Marry Me?"

Ever since the two immortal beings ran into each other, they were inseparable. Oz would always accompany Milo on their gigs, which led to some interesting bonding experiences for the two of them. The gigs also helped Oz reconnect with mortals in a healthy way after isolating himself from them for hundreds of years, which was scary at first.

Sitting down and talking to the very people that kicked him out of towns and forced him to become the monster he was, got overwhelming sometimes. Thankfully, whenever Oz was in an uncomfortable or frightened state, Milo was there to help him. The reaper would usually lead the conversation away to minor things such as the soul's family or spouse, and Oz would always breathe a sigh of relief.

The two went on like this for what felt like forever, and they were the happiest they've ever been in all their years of existence. Oz was slowly opening up to mortals again and Milo was able to express their personality to the souls they reaped. The two were happy, yet Oz felt strange around Milo.

Their relationship has become more romantic over time, which they were both happy with; however, Oz felt stuck. It's been centuries since they declared each other as partners and Oz was ready for the next metaphorical step, whatever that may be.

According to mortals, that step would be marriage, which Oz always felt weird about. In order to combine two families' status and power together, two of the family's offspring would marry each other and start a new brand of the family. It was all about status and power, most of the time the parents of the children chose their spouses for them.

Oz saw marriage as kin to a business arrangement, that was until he met a certain soul. Milo was assigned to collect her soul after she died of poisonous mushrooms in the forest and Oz tagged along with them. The moment Milo raised their scythe and severed her soul from the corpse, she immediately sparked Oz's interest.

Most souls after death see Oz and start blaming him for all their problems and such, which was always fun to deal with. But, when the woman's soul emerged, she immediately saw Oz and laughed at him; it was definitely an introduction let me tell you.

Oz sat there in shock and Milo nearly laughed with the girl over Oz's expression, but they composed themself. The soul walked over to Oz and stared at him as if studying him, not in an intimidating way, but in a friendly way.

"Are you the real fear?" She asks, voice a little course from, you know, dying.

"Um yes, b-but you can call me Oz." Oz stuttered out while holding out his hand and the soul took it immediately and started shaking it with a bit more enthusiasm than expected, which finally got Milo to laugh.

"God, I love these souls," Milo says while pretending to whip a tear from their eyes. Oz stared at the reaper, a stare that could be seen as begging for help, but the reaper just laughed again while watching the two interact.
"Oz, that's an amazing name!" The soul said, finally letting go of Oz's hand and he coiled back at the praise.