Ch.3 The Lost Fable

3rd Pov

A puff of turquoise smoke appears, revealing Salem staring from her window of the tower, her arms crossed, as Jinn starts to narrate.

Jinn: "Locked away by her cruel father, Salem was a girl who desired but one thing: Freedom."

Salem walks away with sadness as Ruby, Razor and Cyra watch her do so when Salem passed by them unnoticed, as it is only a memory.

Jinn: "She lived in a time when kings and their kingdoms were plentiful when men and women were capable of greatness, and magic was a gift from the gods that all could wield."

The lonely woman sits down and leans against the vanity. She lifted her left hand out, using her magic; four magical spheres with a magic circle in six basic colours appear over her hand.

Jinn: "And yet, there she sat within her tower."

As Salem looks down, the blue smoke reappears and envelops Salem in the next scene. It reforms the castle Salem resides in.

Jinn: "Until one day, a legendary hero came to brave the challenges within the tower's walls, accompanied by his mentor and trusted friend."

A young man in fancy armour and a cape wielding a sceptre appears standing proudly in front of the tower, alongside another man in black armour coated in blackish-blue feathers at his shoulders, and wings and carrying a feather of the same colour. Qrow and Raiden can be seen walking up to them, but they both couldn't see each other within the memory.

Jinn: "The people of the lands knew them as Ozma and Master Styrmir."

Qrow waves his hand in front of Ozma's face, but the latter proceeds forward unfazed, simply phasing through Qrow's hand, while the same thing happens to Raiden as he tries to touch Master Styrmir's shoulder.

Jinn: "Unlike those who had come before, the warrior Ozma was not driven by the prize of the young maiden's hand, and the sorcerer Master Styrmir sought nothing more than to see his young apprentice brave through the fortress. Ozma fought only for righteousness, and his pure heart and courageous soul prevailed.

As Ozma and Styrmir walk up to the tower, other warriors are shown falling in battle. Blue smoke reforms the scene once again, this time showing Ozma using his sceptre to blast down a dark-armoured figure, with Master Styrmir holding back more of them from behind with his own powers emanating from his feather. As Master Styrmir stays behind and guards, Ozma opens up a door leading to Salem's room, where she stands up and offers a grateful smile to him. The smoke pops in and reforms the scene of them battling side by side with their magic powers.

Jinn: "They escaped the wretched fortress, and yet something bound Ozma and Salem together."

Smoke reforms the scene showing Ozma and Salem running away from the tower holding hands together, Master Styrmir following at their heels with his wings. Once at a safe distance, Ozma and Salem stop to catch their breath before looking at each other. Ozma then turns his head to his mentor, who only nods in encouragement as he summons a portal with his feather. Raiden noticed the feather was similar to the one he summon in the White Fang's hideout.

Styrmir: "Well, I believe this is where we part ways, my young intrepid friend."

Ozma: "Will I see you again, Master Rainhardt?"

Styrmir: "When the going gets tough, I'll be there."

Shaking each other's hand in farewell, Ozma and Styrmir went on their separate ways. The portal closed behind the master sorcerer as he left the two. Ozma then returns his attention back to the woman she saved, smiling at him.