Chapter 12: The Guy Who Loves Me

Start from the beginning

Catalina gulped and suddenly pushed hi m hard causing him to fall from his chair and hit the floor in a slam. The other people in the shop also looked at our direction. "OW!!!" he shouted. I helped him stood up from the floor and back to his seat "Shit, why did you do that?!" he shouted at Catalina

Catalina just laughed "It's not my fault that you got frozen"

He narrowed his eyes at him then he soften when he turn to me "Belle, tell me you're joking. Please tell me you're just joking!"

I shook my head "No, it's true. I got married. Didn't you see me in the newspaper?"

"N-newspaper? Why would you be in a newspaper?" Micheal asked, close to panicking. His whole body is shaking and his eyes were focusing on mine. He doesn't seem happy for me.

Catalina and I once again shared a look then I lean closer to him to whisper so no one in this place knows who I am "I got married to Rafael Knight"

"Shit!" he snapped, causing another attention to everyone but this time, he seems like he doesn't care "You have got to be kidding me! Tell me you're not that stupid in marrying that guy!"

"Sorry everyone" Catalina apologized to everyone who seems to be distracted by Micheal's shouts. "Keep your voice down, idiot" she glaread at him

"Since when did you and Rafael Knight started dating? I mean how could you marry the guy you didn't even know!" the sadness in his look is still visible. He really shows that he is not happy about what I did in marrying

"W-we have been dating for almost a year in secret, Micheal" I lied, avoiding some eye contact with. I hate lying to a friend but as much as I need to, I have to stick to the deal Rafael and I had. No one will know about the deal but us. "I'm sorry I had hidden that from you because...I told Rafael I don't want any exposure yet to the public espcially while I am still working at the club"

The look on Micheal's face was really disapoinment and sadness. My eyebrows touched in confusion. He's my friend, right? Why does he look so hurt? He suppose to be understanding and happy for me now that I settled down. But it came out to be the opposite for him.

His eyes were looking down on the ground, his mouth pressed in a thin line, his jawline clenched like he is holding back and he was sitting uncomfortabley on the chair as he rubs his hand on his thigh, up and down. Is something wrong about marrying Rafael?

"I-I have to go" Micheal murmured before dashing out of the shop

"Hey wait~" I called but he already left us and he started running away from here with his head down. I ran my hands through my hair and muttered under my breath "What is wrong with him?" he acted so hurtful and leaves us here.

"Girl, I think you still haven't noticed it yet" Catalina pursed her red pouty lips as she finished up her coffee then put it back down on the table

My eyebrows touched in confusion "Noticed what?" I asked unaware of what she is thinking. What is it that I still haven't not iced?!

"The man is in love with you"

My eyes widen hearing those words...those bloody words that can poison anyone. There is no way Micheal would be in love with me!

"No, he's not" I said in a disbelieve tone, as a lean on the chair and crossed my arms "He just thinks that he loves me" I said, deepening my voice

Love? I scoffed at the thought. Micheal is a fool though. People who are in love are foolish. (A/N: Don't want to offend someone. It is Belle who is bitter in love)

"That's what he told me at the club. I want to tell him that we both don't believe in love" Catalina said, smiling and crossing her legs too under the table as she lean her elbows on the table "Well, do you love Micheal?"