chapter one hundred and twelve

Start from the beginning

"The last one was so nice."

Jisung smiles and shrugs. "Which one's the lie?"

"Wait, Jeno, has he ever said we're cute?"

"I don't remember."

"What if it's to throw us off?"

"Final answers?"

"Okay, I'm saying you don't think we're cute is the lie."

"Sure", Jeno adds.

"You're correct."

"That's an interesting way of getting you to admit you think we're cute." Mark pulls out his phone. "I'm telling Lele, Jaemin, and Haechan."

"Go ahead. Jeno."

"Okay, um", he looks at Jisung. "I've thought about a nickname for you, I had a crush on one of my coworkers, and I think reality shows are boring."

"Let me guess, the lie is that you thought about a nickname for me?"

"Pumpkin?"

"I actually don't remember if you've mentioned this stuff. I feel like the nickname one is a lie though, 'cause I'm pretty sure you would've called him by it already."

"Are those your final answers?" Jisung and Mark nod.

"You're both wrong. I've never had a crush on my coworkers."

"Wait, so you've thought about a nickname for me?"

Jeno avoids eye contact. "Yes."

"What is it?"

"Don't get too excited, it's not supposed to make you happy."

Jisungs happiness deflates a little but he's still happy at the thought of a nickname. "Makes sense. It's probably not something super cute but if it's decent enough, I will get happy. Now, tell me what it is."

Five minutes of Jisung annoying Jeno into telling him later, he gets Jeno to agree to tell him and feels his phone buzz with a text. Satisfied, Jisung focuses back on the game and the two turn their attention to Mark.

"Oh, uh", Mark looks up at the sky, thinking. "I want a hug right now, I made out with Jaehyun once, and...I'm full."

"A hug, kissing your friend, and being full...", Jisung says slowly.

"I was trying to think, okay?"

"I only believe you want a hug. I can't tell if you're full right now. I'll say you're full is the lie."

"I think it's making out with Jaehyun. Which is it?"

Mark laughs as he says, "Jisung is right."

Jenos eyes widen. "WHAT? YOU MADE OUT WITH JAEHYUN?"

Mark continues laughing, face bright red. "It was a long time ago. We were at a party and I think Jae was drunk, I don't remember if I was but I didn't care so we agreed." Mark frowns, thinking about how Johnny must've felt at that time.