Epilogue

The stars are shining that night of new moon as Enid Sinclair walks slowly, silently, brushing her fingertips against the tombstones. In her hand she holds a bouquet of white roses and glides thoughtfully to the place she seeks. Even after so many years, she still feels like an intruder in the Addams Cemetery... She stands for a few moments contemplating that inscription and lets out a nostalgic sigh as she kneels down and lovingly places the bouquet on the grave.With her hands on her legs she begins to relive sporadic moments of her youth and cannot help a smile on her lips, followed by what she fears will be a tear.

-----

―Are you absolutely sure?

―Ask one more time and I'll walk out that door.

Enid laughed, nervously, and Wednesday took her hands in hers, bringing those blue eyes back to her. The deep darkness calmed her and the brunette slid her hand down the blonde's face gently. Wednesday gave her a sincere smile full of love before joining her lips to Enid's softly, calming her nerves completely. When the kiss was over, the wolf girl felt much more confident and took a long breath of air, letting out a sigh.

―Okay, I'm ready...

/////

The huge varnished oak doors opened without making the slightest sound, causing a pit in her stomach that paralyzed her once again. Luckily, she was not alone.

―Come on, I'm here.

Enid looked up at the pair of blue eyes and warm smile that lifted her spirits at that important moment. As a divine sign, the music started at that instant and the noise those people made as they stood up and turned towards her brought her back to reality. Slowly, her father guided her through that aisle illuminated by hundreds of candles and the scent of the immense amount of flowers flooded her sense of smell. She looked sideways to avoid looking straight ahead, for she knew that this was the only point that could make her faint at that moment... The smiles and tears of happiness on the faces of her family and friends made her smile as well, regaining the feeling of warmth in her limbs, which had gone numb from anxiety.

There appeared in her sight the joyful faces of her brothers, who looked at her with a tenderness never before perceived by her while they made signs and gestures with the intention of getting some laughter out of her that would help her feel less frightened, a goal that was easily achieved. Then she saw the gaze full of sweetness of her mother, who was unable to hold back her tears and clearly showed the desire she had to go out into the hallway and put her arms around her.

The blonde felt her heart full of joy and knew she was completely surrounded by all the unconditional love and affection of her family, present at that decisive moment for her. That finally gave her the courage she needed to turn her eyes to the other side of the corridor, where a collection of the most extravagant characters, all dressed in a gloomy and formal way, answered her with smiles as bright and warm as those of her own family. Those dark eyes, so characteristic of the Addamses, now overflowed with a love so great that Enid could feel it on her skin. Finally, unable to resist it any longer, the blonde slid her gaze to the front...

Time froze before that vision. Standing there, hands clasped and covered by a perfect black dress that revived in Enid's memory that day in Nevermore, Wednesday was waiting for her, with that half smile that had stolen her heart. Her black eyes reflected for the first time a look so full of love that Enid completely forgot about all the people around her and stopped listening to the echoing of her shoes on the carpet, even the music had stopped in her ears. Everything in her sight was Wednesday Addams. She felt her father's warm kiss on her forehead, but it was impossible for her to take her eyes off the pale girl, just as she wouldn't take her eyes off her.

When they were finally alone on that platform, she couldn't help but laugh nervously. And with their laughter came back the outside world... How long had it been? They could never say for sure, for for the rest of their lives they would remember nothing but that laughter, the warmth of their joined hands, and the voice that finally asked the question...

"I do."

-----

Enid wipes away her tear with the palm of her hand, letting out a sob and a smile escapes her lips. The cold air of the place makes her shiver, so she hugs her own body. A sudden pang pierces her heart, longing more than ever for the warmth of that pale skin that so many nights later would be her shelter and torment. Absurd how we miss those we love most when they are most absent. She gently rubs her arms to warm herself and once again contemplates that last name engraved in the stone that she is already so fond of. She stands up and slowly walks down the stairs, looking at the floor. Although the place is more crowded than when she knew it, she does not feel afraid. She feels accompanied by all those gloomy sculptures representing all the Addamses who have left. She approaches the far edge of the grounds, where a crooked black iron fence borders the cliff from which the distant lights of the city gleam. Enid contemplates the nocturnal landscape with full happiness in her chest and as she sighs, the cold mist leaves her chafed lips. She repeats the gesture, but this time between her hands, to infuse them with warmth.

-----

That heat did not compare, of course, to the heat that filled her nights (and several days) after her wedding. For such a cold person, Wednesday Addams gave off a fire that made her burn from head to toe in a second, drowning her in the agony of tasting the now all-too-familiar taste of her sweaty skin. Time became a dream that dragged lazily through their lives, even when their lives were filled with adventures, scares, mortal dangers and continuous satisfactions, only as the luck of an Addams knew how to provide.

Still, Enid would not have changed a single second she spent with Wednesday. Whether it was holding her hand, contemplating her as she wrote, admiring the strength of her slender arms as she dug graves with her brother, or advising her to keep her more aggressive side from taking over Nevermore while she was in charge, the blonde was never satisfied with the company of the woman in her life.

Wednesday, for her part, never seemed to want to leave her alone either. Contrary to her personality, she now found the lapse of time without Enid's scent accompanying her tedious. Although she still lived her solitude to the full, filling it with deep and often dark reflections (at least that was still unchanged), she much preferred her wife's company, for it was now she who forged the bridge between the island that Wednesday was and the world at large, keeping her mind occupied with all the matters that, had she been alone, she would have dismissed as irrelevant.

She had to confess that she had now developed a taste for everyday trifles for the simple fact that it was these that made her discover new nuances in Enid's face, which lit up with gestures as simple as a note, a rose, a caress... The fascination of this discovery had her so engrossed in the possibilities that it was hard for her to concentrate on greater responsibilities, even though they were responsibilities of a privileged and carefree life, given the vast fortune of her family name.

But, undoubtedly, her favorite part of spending the years together was the one that involved rediscovering each other in their intimacy. Admiring and tempting each other, stretching the limits of their knowledge more and more to the point where a glance, a subtle gesture was enough to ignite the hidden passions between them, sometimes at the most inopportune moments.

-----

Enid shakes her head to banish from her mind the idea that now invades her thoughts: a life without Wednesday... She raises her eyes again, just to make sure that the world has not vanished around her, leaving her alone. But she feels relief as she opens her senses again in full awareness and perceives the noise coming from the Addams mansion, not far away. She contemplates again the distant landscape, with its twinkling lights...

―You left me...

Enid turns around, a smile on her lips. Wednesday Addams looks at her with a serious countenance and her arms crossed on her chest. For a moment, Enid sees the impassive, deep-eyed, 16-year-old in front of her and can't help but let out a wistful chuckle.

―You found me.

Wednesday takes several steps until she is facing Enid and finally lowers her arms, looking up at those inches of height that separate them. Her slender hand touches the back of her fingers to the blonde's cool cheek before she stands on her tiptoes and kisses her. Enid wraps her in his arms, kissing her back and feeling that hand on her face and the familiar feel of the black ring on her finger. For her part, she pink her own ring as their hands touch at the redhead's waist. The music continues to play as they make up for the lost minutes apart. Finally they look into each other's eyes and Wednesday smiles.

―I'll always find you. But now ―She says, tucking a lock of Enid's hair behind her ear ―come back inside with me. I won't tolerate another minute of unsolicited attention.

Enid takes her hand and kisses it with all the affection she feels for her before they entwine and walk back to the property together.

―I brought Goody flowers ―Enid says ―Every time I look at the life we have, I can't help thinking that it's because of her that I have you with me... ―Wednesday doesn't answer, but she watches her, attentively ―Has she appeared on your dreams?

The brunette girl takes a moment to answer, looking straight ahead again.

―Yes, a couple of nights ago.

Enid waits, but no more comes out of her mouth.

―And?

Wednesday sighs, turning her gaze back to the blonde.

―Something's going on with Nevermore. I keep dreaming about the Nightshade room, about one of the journals in particular... ―They remain silent, reaching the door of the place ―Goody says it's imperative that I look for it, though she insists on denying me any more information. She says something bigger is coming, that this isn't over. I tried to contact her with the amulet, but she refuses to talk to me. Since... ―Wednesday bites the words, desperate ―since Crackstone, I know I have Goody inside me. And ever since I almost lost you, she's been nothing but a voice in my head when she wants to be... And that diary... I don't know what's in it, and I don't consider it appropriate to come forward and ask for it, but I think Goody is trying to tell me how to find it.

Enid has been completely taken aback. Even if she suspected that something was tormenting Wednesday, she could not imagine the depth of that grief. She regains her composure and squeezes her wife's hand, reinforcing her assurance with a smile.

―Let's go find out. I doubt Xavier will refuse to see us. I'll call him tomorrow.

Wednesday looks at her and cannot understand how she ended up with that girl so full of purity and with such an abundance of love for her.

―Every time I see you, Enid Sinclair, I'm reminded of how unfair the world is. Because I have your love and I don't deserve it...

Enid laughs, chagrined, looking down. She kisses Wednesday's hands and takes her serious face to kiss her sweetly. Wednesday brings her hands up, resting them on her wife's chest, who has taken her by the waist, hugging her. They fill themselves with each other's presence until the kiss ends, tender and warm as it began.

―Come on, let's get this over with and go home ―Enid says, placing her hand on the doorknob ―because I can't take another second without biting you.

Wednesday can't help a laugh and bites her lip unconsciously, remembering the girl's fangs on her shoulders and hip, the blonde's breath on the back of her neck and her own moans against the pillow...

―The feeling is incredibly mutual.

/////
The sound of music and joyful conversations greets them, surrounding them instantly. The happiness emanating from those present makes Wednesday take more tightly Enid's hand, who, to protect her from the burden of her own family, hugs her from behind, placing her face on the brunette's shoulder.

―Be patient, my dear. Everyone is happy, it's normal.

Vita mia, I prefer the suspicious glances or the general vituperation.

―Ah, there you are! ―Gomez Addams' voice sounds more cheerful than the rest. The crowd moves away to make way for the man, who can't bear so much joy ―My little executioner, my dear sunshine, where have you been?

―With any more luck, back home, father.

Gomez laughs at the comment and gestures with his arm for them to join him.

―The little creature is with Uncle Pugsley, we're about to cut the cake.

The three characters reach the main room, where the Addamses and the Sinclairs form a circle around the wooden table, where a huge white cake with black accents and a candy wolf on the top awaits with a single black candle.

Enid and Wednesday look across and both smile proudly. Behind the cake, the girl wiggles happily in the arms of the tall, slender, handsome dark-haired man in a black and white striped shirt who tickles her while wearing a dazzling smile. Pugsley notices the presence of the girls and stops the game, waiting for them to come closer to pass the baby into Enid's arms. Enid immediately stretches out her arms to them, giggling childishly.

―I ask to be the first one after the cake, it was an ordeal to get her aunts and uncles Sinclair to let her out, let alone her grandparents. I've had less time!

―Pugsley, you have her whole life ahead of you, dear ―Says the soft voice of Morticia, who is hugged by Gomez ―Besides, who else but you is going to take her fishing?

The whole family begins to sing for the little girl, who is now enraptured by the light of the candle that Thing has lit and reaches out to touch the wolf. Her blue eyes sparkle with the candle's glow, which is also reflected in her lustrous dark hair. Wednesday and Enid can't take their eyes off that perfect synthesis of her features, trapped in that childish profile that, for Wednesday, is the spitting image of Enid, while for Enid, it's like seeing Wednesday in miniature...

The voices of her parents, brothers, uncles, aunts, cousins and distant relatives accompany Enid's, who sings to her little daughter, while Wednesday engraves in the eternal memory of her heart the image of the two women in her life, with the same charming smile and the same ocean in her eyes, on the first birthday of the first Addams-Sinclair wolf girl.