ii. jason doesnt get to know maya

O P I A . . .

CHAPTER TWO❛ please stop burning a hole into my back ❜

CHAPTER TWO
❛ please stop burning a hole into my back ❜

███████████████████████████████████

❝ maybe you should talk to the new kids in order not to stirrup trouble ❞ butch said, a lazy smile on his face. the look of maya's face quickly erased it. "oh come on, so you can laugh when the puns come from the pegasi but not from me."

maya crossed her arms, "well when you turn into a horse and make horse puns i'll laugh."

they rose over the grand canyon, heading east towards camp. icy wind blew whisps of maya's hair out of her ponytail. storm clouds started to gather and the chariot lurched and bumped.

she shot a quick look back to see annabeth annoyed by the short latino. "this is so cool!" leo said, spitting a pegasus feather out of his mouth. "where are we going?"

"a safe place," annabeth answered clamly. "the only place safe for us. camp half-blood."

"half-blood?" maya could hear the anger in the girl's voice. "is that some kind of bad joke?"

"she means that we are demigods," jason answered. "half god, half mortal."

the brunette's head snapped to him in surprise. "how did you know that? not to many newly found demigods know that." she analyzed him quickly. his face seemed gentle with sky blue eyes that reminded her a little of thalia. even then, he seemed a little sad; not at all like a person hiding something. he stared back at her in response.

"but yeah, demigods. my dad is poseidon, god of the sea. annabeth's mom is athena, the godess of wisdom. and butch is the son of iris, the rainbow goddess."

leo choked, pointing himself towards butch, "your mom is a rainbow goddess?"

"you got a problem with that?" butch asked.

"no, no," leo said. "rainbows. very macho."

annabeth quickly took over the conversation," maya can talk to pegasi as poseidon is the lord of horses and butch gets along great with them. he's our best equestrian."

"rainbows, ponies," leo muttered.

"i'm gonna toss you off this chariot," butch warned.

"do it," maya dared as leo sent her a horrified look as if he didn't realize it was a joke.

"demigods," piper said. "you mean you think you're ... you think we're-"

lightning flashed and the chariot shuddered. if this was any of zeus' doing maya would just jump off now. jason shouted, "left wheel's on fire!"

she stepped forward trying to drench the wheel in water but it was useless. white flames only further lapped up the side of the chariot. maya sent a glance back to see dark shapes forming into horse like figures. anemoi theullai.