Extra 1

1926

"Why do you want to take me here?"

"Because! I heard so many good things about it!"

Francis and I constantly spent time together, especially after the war. We had become close friends, and the only malicious thing we did to each other was bicker for no reason. It was the twenties, and everything was lively. Women dressed differently, men had more money to spend, and everyone realized that life was too short to waste on being miserable. Even though Francis and I had infinite time, it was nice to think that way too.

I fixed my tie a bit and breathed out. This was my first wearing a tie in a very long time. I hardly went out, so it made sense.

We continued walking, and I noticed a bright light above the theater we were heading to. It had the name "Josephine Baker" in big, bright, bold letters. "Come on! We have reserved seats! We can walk in! You have to see the show!" Francis cheered. He grabbed me by my hand, pulling me through the doors, past everyone waiting in line.

"So, I'm assuming you saw this show?"

"Naturally! She is very popular in France right now, and I must admit I might have something to do with that! However, I am Mr. France, and it isn't hard for me to get tickets!"

Francis laughed so sweetly as he continued to pull me. I could tell he had gotten us seats from the second floor so that we would have a good view looking down.

The theater was charming, and I was sure it was recently built. When I walked across the wooden boards, the chairs and ceiling looked new and didn't creak. "Wow, this place is really nice," I spoke. Francis pulled me down to a seat and looked at me with a sassy smile. "Naturally, as if I would take you to an ugly theater. Unlike your place, I have nice things, so I have to share them with you!"

"Ahh...Thanks?"

Francis laughed at my reaction, pulling me closer. "Oh, come on now, as if you would visit me without being insulted," he laughed. He shook me a bit from teasing, but soon his shaking changed once people began to clap. I assume the show was about to start already. Music began to play, and many of the people on the stage scrambled around at first.

Then...

As if the heavens opened up, a beauty of a woman appeared. She had beautiful brown skin that glistened under the lights. Her hair was short and stuck to her head so delicately. She was striking in many ways, but what stood out were her clothes. She wore nothing else but a brassiere and a skirt made of bananas.

"Oh my..." I whispered.

"She is beautiful, right?"

"Stunningly..."

She had begun dancing in front of the men at the bottom, and many cheered for her. "Arthur, don't look at her that way; you are making me jealous!" Francis whined. He forced my head to him, making me look away from her. "Eh? You decided to bring me here...WAIT! What do you mean by jealous? Don't be such an idiot!" I spoke, annoyed.

"I am just kidding, you can watch..." he spoke. He let me turn my head back, but we stayed close together. I would say my so-called feelings for him were gone. He makes me happy as friends. I just hope one day, I can really express to him how grateful I am for him. We may have fought a lot in the past but aren't anymore, and that's all that matters. I felt Francis suddenly place his hand on mine, and I smiled in response. We had all the time in the world to make up for our past.

 We had all the time in the world to make up for our past