JL: Secret Origins Part 1

Batman and Hot Shot team up with Superman to deal with an alien invasion, and investigate a telepathic message that would lead them to meet a future ally.

Mars
The Mariner Valley

On the planet of Mars, two astronauts were currently standing by their ship and are currently looking over their devices for any readings.

Carter: "Would you look at that? A little slice of heaven." He said, looking over the planet.

Ed: "If your idea of heaven is a barren, lifeless rock."

Carter: "You have the soul of a poet." He joked.

Ed: "Carter, we didn't come for the view. Our mission here is purely scientific. Are you getting any readings?"

Carter: "No detectable levels of H20." He responded as he looked down at the device. "Hold on."

Ed: "What?" He questioned as he looked over to what Carter was looking at.

There was something shiny at the pile of rocks. Astronaut Carter goes over to investigate. He takes out a pickaxe and begins to hit it.

Carter: "Could be an ice crystal."

Astronaut Ed takes out his device from the ground and goes over to where Carter was at. After a few hits, Carter picks up this "crystal" and examines it.

Carter: "No. it almost looks organic." He said as then a rumbling noise was heard.

Ed: "Carter, look out!" He exclaimed, pointing at the ground.

Carter looked down to see the ground starting to break apart. The two astronauts tried to run away, but Carter fell to the hole, screaming all the way down. Ed managed to escape, however.

Ed: "Carter! Carter, do you read me? Are you alright?" He called out. "Repeat! Carter, do you read me?"

All the way down on the ground, the astronaut slowly gets back up and informed his partner that he's alright.

Carter: [Groans] "I'm okay, Ed. Ed? Come in, Ed." He tried to communicate but the radio seemed to be busted. "Dead."

He stands up and turns on the flashlight. He looks around to see if there is any other way out of here, but he suddenly gasps as he looks to find markings on the wall. He puts his hand on the wall and then turns to right, to find a door. He tries to open thinking it could be the way out, but it wouldn't budge.

He looked around again to find his pickaxe on the ground. He goes to grab and has it locked onto the hatch and was able to break it off. Then, lights began to glow on the door, as Carter slowly backs away. A giant bright light shined as he covers his eyes. As he tried to look, something quickly approached him and screamed for his life.

 As he tried to look, something quickly approached him and screamed for his life