Blend in

"Is anyone following?" Lockwood asked

"No, but I wouldn't put it past Kipps or that maniac from the Black Library," Lucy sighed sitting back down in her seat. They had gotten a cab to take them to meet Flo.

"Seriously though, why a man bun?" Grace shook her head. Lockwood just smiled as he looked out the window. He admired her ability to focus on those small details instead of worrying about being followed.

"Do you think Penelope saw us?" Lucy asked. Grace laughed leaning back against the cab seat.

"Well after tonight I think we three will be off her Christmas card list for sure," Lockwood joked.

"The goggles!" Grace yelled suddenly. She remembered where she'd seen the harp symbol.

"What?" Lockwood asked.

"Did you see that box she gave him? It had that symbol on it," Lucy explained.

"It's the same harp symbol that George found on Fairfax's goggles," Grace explained. She was upset that it took her that long to remember where she'd seen it although they had been distracted.

"And we know what a certified bastard he turned out to be," Lucy sighed.

"Still, we got the book," Lockwood smiled. He was trying to look on the bright side. Although the fun part was just about to start. "Now, let's find the bone glass."

"Let's finish this." Grace looked at both of them. She really wanted to get a full night's rest finally. She hasn't been sleeping over the last few days because of the pure chaos that they keep running into. She is looking forward to a peaceful fourteen-hour sleep.

***

"Stop here," Lockwood told the cab driver. He pulled to the side of the road. The three go out. "This way." He started jogging down the street.

"I'm so glad I didn't wear heels like that lady said," Grace added as she ran after him. She would have broken her ankle. It was bad enough that she could barely walk down a flight of stairs in these just because they were elevated. Once they turned the corner Grace could see Flo and Karim talking.

"Oh Jesus, look at the smile on him. This won't end well. You both are smiling." Flo sighed pointing at both Grace and Lockwood.

"You're late," George scoffed.

"Sorry. Things got a bit weird," Lucy wheezed. "I think that-"

"Did you get the Dulac book?" George interrupted her. Grace stared at him.

Did he just interrupt Lucy? What is wrong with him? Why's he so cranky all of a sudden?

"Yeah, of course, we did. Now, what's the plan?" Lockwood breathed.

"Well the auction's starting any minute and Winkman's locked down the streets," George snapped. "So basically we're screwed."

Seriously he wasn't like this earlier. Pressure doesn't make him snippy.