Relic Men

Lucy woke up earlier to try and get a headstart with the skull

Lucy woke up earlier to try and get a headstart with the skull. She was pretty loud waking up so of course Grace got up as well. The girls were both surprised that Lockwood wasn't in the kitchen yet. Last night he had made it abundantly clear that they are to wake up early to get ahead of Kipps's crew.

We wouldn't need to do that if someone thought with his head instead of his-

"You've been staring into its dead eyes for over ten minutes Luce, you are starting to freak me out." Grace leaned back in her chair. She was glad she couldn't talk to gross things like this. Lucy sighed as she laid her head down on the table.

"It said I was near power," She mumbled. Grace nodded.

"Yeah, Bickerstaff, right?" She wondered. Lucy lifted her head tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Yeah," She looked into the ghost jar once more. The kitchen door opened and Lockwood came in. He gave Grace a small smile. One she barely returned. She was still upset with him for throwing all of them into the bet.

"You both are up early," Lockwood grabbed a cup off the sink and opened the fridge.

"Wanted to get a head start," Lucy explained.

"You okay?" Grace asked. She was mad at him, but still slightly worried. Sometimes Lockwood can get so wrapped up he doesn't make the brightest decisions.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" Grace and Lucy both raised their eyebrows at one another before looking away. Grace was looking at the empty thinking cloth. George and Lucy don't doodle apparently. He set his cup on the table and poured a bit of London Fog into his cup. "Listen, don't worry about the skull. We've already got a head start on Kipps's crew. We'll be in and out of the cemetery before they even finish their cornflakes." Grace nodded setting her empty cup on the table. Lockwood grabbed Grace's cup moving towards the sink.

What is he?

Lockwood rinsed out her cup and then filled it with water setting it in front of her. She furrowed her brows at him, but he just acted like it was completely normal. Oddly enough she was going to get herself some water because she hadn't been drinking enough lately. Especially after her head wound yesterday.

"What if it meant the mirror?" Lucy asked suddenly breaking the silence.

"Hm?" Grace took a sip of her water.

"The skull? It said death is coming. What if the mirror is death?" Lucy asked looking back and forth between Lockwood and Grace. Grace doubted that because if it was, she was dead. Very dead.

"Then I say bring it on," Lockwood smirked. "Nothing we can't handle together." He watched Grace stare at the tablecloth. Lockwood had known he messed up as soon as he took Kipps hand, but it was too late to take it back. He just had to make sure they got to the mirror first.