𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

"HELLO?" SAMUEL LEANED TOWARDS M.M'S PHONE, HUGHIE SPEAKING UP. Billy had left for whatever reason, lacking the usefulness to inform the two. "Hey, um, so that wasn't a piece of cake." He spoke, M.M confused. "Hughie? You all right?" He asked, sharing a look with Samuel. "Yeah, sorry. I had to, uh, borrow a phone. Thanks again." Hughie spoke to the phone's owner, Samuel clearing his throat. "What happened?" He asked, Hughie putting a thumbs up to the woman. "I got baptized." The silence spoke millions as Samuel's eyebrows raised.

"Yeah. It's a long story. Blackmailing somebody is not cake, okay? It is weird, it's scary, you wind up just saying shit-" "Okay, but did you get him to talk? What'd he say?" M.M interrupted, hearing Hughie sigh. "Uh, yeah. You know that charity of his? Samaritan's Embrace? What they do is they take boxes full of that stuff and ship it to hospitals all across the country." Hughie let out, Samuel looking to M.M. "And apparently the latest one is going to the NICU at Mercer Hospital. It's midtown, I think." M.M smiled down the phone.

"You are a natural, kid. You're like the fucking Rain Man of fucking people over." Samuel grimaced, hearing Hughie's laugh. "Not a compliment." He hung up, handing the phone back to the lady as Samuel snorted. "Make sure you don't gag on his dick, M.M." He remarked, M.M texting Billy as he scoffed. "Shut up, Sam. You've never heard of a compliment?" The man shot back, Samuel grinning. "Oh yeah, just not two in one. It's like a hand job and a blow job at once." M.M grimaced at the boy this time.

"No one is worthy of that, I stand by that."

THAT NIGHT, M.M JOINED BILLY AND SAMUEL IN VISTING THE MERCER HOSPITAL. "So you want to pay me the professional courtesy and tell us where the hell you disappeared to before?" M.M asked somewhat politely. Samuel effortlessly pick pocketed a nurse, taking her keycard as Billy hummed. "I just had to pop down to the shop." He lied, M.M scoffing as the three walked down a corridor. "I was running a bit low on mind your own fucking business." M.M scowled at the man, Samuel awkwardly glancing back at the two.

Billy's phone rung again as the three walked, M.M checking around corners. "This better be good." Billy spoke, Frenchie gathering his belongings. "I'm burnt." He spoke simply, Samuel glancing back. "What? Fucking hell, Frenchie. How?" M.M looked to the phone, Billy huffing. "I don't know-" "What about the rest of us?" Billy asked, Frenchie scoffing. "Your concern for me is very sweet. Maybe, maybe not. So far, they only seem to be hitting my places. I'm taking off." He told the man, Samuel holding up the key card to the two men.

"What about the girl?" Frenchie asked, Samuel opening the door to the NICU. "Fucking leave her." Frenchie sighed out, licking his lips. "God knows what they'll do to her-" "Supe-on-Supe violence ain't our concern, mate?" The three walked into the NICU. "Butcher-" "I said fucking leave her." Hanging up, Frenchie cursed. "Burnt." Billy simply told the others, Samuel sighing as he opened another door with the keycard. The camera turned on, recording the three as they split up around the room. Incubators were everywhere, Billy spotting an IV drip. Blue liquid was in it, the man smiling.

"Jackpot." He spoke simply, Samuel turning to him. "V?" He asked, Billy humming as M.M and Samuel made their way to him. "Yeah, lots of it." M.M followed the tube down to a baby, his face falling. "Oh, my God." The three observed the baby, the infant innocently sleeping as V was injected into it's blood. Flinching back, Samuel watched the baby's eyes glow blue, shooting lasers at the roof of the bullet proof incubator. "Jesus. That's a fucking baby Supe." Billy cursed, the three sharing a glance. "Chosen by God, my arse, these cunts are made in a fucking lab."