𝙨𝙞𝙭

"THIS LAD IS FULL OF SURPRISES." BILLY SMILED, HIM AND FRENCHIE SEEING CAMERAS ON POPCLAW'S APARTMENT SHOW UP ON THE SCREEN. Samuel leant against the back of the truck, running a hand through his hair. "Okay, ma'am, all done." He heard Hughie call, the boy gulping back a remark.

"LOOK, TRANSLUCENT'S PROBABLY LURKING AROUND A GYNAECOLOGISTS OFFICE OR SOMETHING." HOMELANDER AND MAEVE MOVED DOWN THE STAIRS, THE LATTER SHRUGGING. "For two days? Come on." Homelander huffed, looking at the woman. "I don't get it. Why is no one concerned about this?" He scoffed. In his defense, no one has taken any drastic action since one of America's sweethearts went missing. "Because if people find out one of the Seven is missing, they panic." Maeve answered, the two walking towards a police conflict. "Besides, you can't fucking stand Translucent-"

"Give 'em Hell, Homelander!" An officer yelled, Homelander pointing with a smile. "Yeah, you bet, pal." He grinned, the two walking as if they weren't walking into bullets. "Of course. But if something happened to him, then that's a direct attack on the Seven, which is a direct attack on me." He explained to the woman quietly, Maeve smiling. "You've managed to make this about you in less than 20 seconds flat."

Homelander smiled to another officer, turning to Maeve. "I'm not the one who's down a point and a half." He shot back, Maeve tilting her head. "So I think what you mean to say is, 'Thanks, Homelander, for showing up out of the blue and bringing the extra press to my collar.'" The conversation ended at that, a member of swat joining them. "Homelander. Maeve." He greeted joyfully, Homelander patting his shoulder.

"Captian, you guys are the real heroes. We're just glad we can help, right?" Maeve nodded. "Where's your shooter?" Homelander inquired, the swat captian nodding. "Shooter's on 31." He watched Homelander look up the building, squinting. "All right. Sit tight." He flew up, smashing into the 31st floor of the building as Maeve smiled tightly.

"Elavators?"

"THAT'S A GOOD BOY." M.M LOOKED TO SAMUEL, THE GROUP AWKWARDLY WATCHING POPCLAW AND A-TRAIN SIT TOGETHER. Samuel placed a hand over his mouth once Popclaw started to suck his toes, holding back a laugh. "Stop, tickles." A-Train shut it down, Popclaw huffing. "What's the problem?" She asked, A-Train sighing. "Shockwave's the problem." Hughie's brows furrowed. "What if I lose?" A-Train asked, Popclaw acting as if she'd seen a ghost. "You're not gonna lose. You're the fastest man alive."

She sat with him, A-Train scoffing. "Until I'm not. You know what Stillwell told me?" Samuel's hand dropped from his mouth. "If I don't win, I'm out. Nobody wants the second fastest man in the Seven." A-Train explained, Popclaw smiling before holding the man's face. "Babe." He looked uninterested as she kissed his neck. "Compound V. Where'd you put it?" Frenchie glanced to everyone in the lorry. "Oh, you sure, babe? I mean, that stuff, it amps up something fierce." Popclaw warned, Samuel's head tilting.

"Remember last time?" The woman reminded, A-Train shaking his head. "Last time's not gonna happen again. I'm under control." He assured, Popclaw keeping eye contact. "You ran through a girl, baby." Hughie's face fell, Samuel's eyes widening. "That's not what I would call 'control'. That shit's a slippery slope." Billy glanced to Hughie, Samuel doing the same. "Take it from me-" "No, I... I need it." A-Train interrupted the woman, M.M greatly confused. "Honey, I'll still love you even if you lose." She assured, watching A-Train stiffen.