Afterwards: part one

Start from the beginning

"You won't disappear again?"

"Hm."

"You won't find that flower?"

"I won't."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

In that moment I knew I couldn't ever find the heart of Seihkria'h. And a part of me felt relieved.

***************

"Sora?"

I grudgingly opened my eyes from the comfort of sleep, feeling someone pull me towards them by my waist.

"Hm? I'm not not..sleepy." I had no idea if I was making any sense at all, but all I wanted was to sleep.

"You're endearing." A kiss placed on my forehead finally made my me open my eyes and I was almost blinded by the sight infront of me. Ayato's bare chest was in my view, and he was smiling as I woke up. "Morning, darling. Did you sleep well?"

Did I die and go to heaven?

"Ayato?"

"Hm?"

"So pretty."

This is a good dream.

"I was thinking that about you." He brushed my hair to the side. "I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately."

"You're really sorry?"

"Of course. Let me make it up to you."

"Then you'll do what I say?"

"Yes. What can I do for you?"

"Sleep with me."

"What- Sora?"

This is a really nice dream.

I snuggled into the warmth of his arms, and closed my eyes, sinking into the comfortable sheets.

"You're killing me." I heard him say as he slipped his arms around me.

When I woke up, I was alone. The room felt weirdly empty and huge. This wasn't my room. I squinted to see better until my eyes adjusted to the light. The dark blue sheets were silky, and so soft that it could be mistaken for a cloud. The bed was bigger than my room, with dim lights. There was a table and a chair where Ayato would work sometimes, and a vase by the bedside that was full of red Camelias. A sword hung casually on the side of the wall, with a Yukata I recognised as Ayato's. I took a shower to wake myself up, and found nothing but Ayato's kimonos to wear.

Why am I in his room?

Someone knocked on the door, making me panic. I wasn't exactly dresed appropriately, with only one of Ayato's kimono's on me, which didn't even fit.

"Nii-sama?"

I cleared my throat, and for some reason said in a deep voice, "yes?"

"Can I come in? I need to ask you something about the fireworks for the festival."

"No."

"Nii-sama, your voice sounds weird. Are you alright?"

"Yes- No."

"What are you doing?"

"Kamisato ryuu."

"What?"

"What?"

There was shuffling infront of the door for a minute, and then in slid open.

"Aya-chan- I wasn't - we were sleeping - I was .. I mean.."