Chapter Twenty

Yoongi heaved for air as he leaned back, using Jimin's slim frame to hold him up.

The younger boy was nowhere near as breathless and worn out, so he didn't mind keeping the blonde up as they sat back to back on the empty dance floor studio.

"You sound like you're going to have a heart attack," The pink boy chuckled as the silence filled with heavy panting. "Here."

He passed a bottle of water behind him, smiling when warm fingers brushed against his for a second before steeling and steadying himself again, bracing for any extra weight Yoongi might place on him.

"Feels like it," The elder replied, rubbing at his aching chest as he cracked the water bottle with one hand and chugged half the bottle.

It was an intense experience.

He felt like he was dying, unable to catch his breath, but simultaneously, it was invigorating. It felt good to feel something again. A feeling that wasn't utter terror, anxiety or impassiveness.

"You're a good dancer," Yoongi puffed between breaths, passing the water bottle back to the younger boy, all the while wondering why he didn't sound anywhere near as exhausted.

The blonde had no intention of dancing with the pink-haired boy when he walked out of the meeting he'd previously been in.

He sat between the Kims in silence as they listened to the school's concerns about Yoongi's violent behaviour and how he'd broken another student's nose in one hit. They knew it wasn't the first time he'd been in a dispute, and it didn't matter why or when it took place, all they knew was the boy was volatile.

Mrs Park was a powerful ally to have in meetings like these. She had worked with the blonde boy for the last seven years, so she knew his personality and behaviours better than most.

It was her suggestion that if Yoongi had nothing to say or add to the meeting's proceedings, he should go and find somewhere quiet to sit and listen to his music.

She knew he would hate the discussion she needed to have with his foster parents and the school.

They would have to talk about the abuse he suffered and the reason he was so defensive when it came to the pink-haired boy. They would need to discuss how poor the blonde's attention span and academic understanding were, and listening to that conversation would drive the boy crazy.

So Yoongi left the room in a heartbeat, only stopping to nod in reply when Mrs Kim said she would call him when they were ready to go.

Initially, the older boy was going to find a shaded spot outside and disappear into his music, but the text message on his phone made his stomach erupt with butterflies.

Jimin
11:20

Dance practice until 1.
You better come find me!

Of course, Yoongi didn't hesitate.

He had been waiting weeks to see the pink boy dance and wouldn't pass up the opportunity. And damn, wasn't he glad.

Jimin was in full swing when the elder pushed the door open after following the sound of music.

The younger boy moved with power and passion, taking the elder's breath away.

He forcefully threw himself around the room; every movement was met with intense concentration and incredible effort.

There wasn't a moment where the petite boy missed a beat, dropped one of the problematic moves or lapsed in concentration, even when his attention was caught by a stressed-looking platinum blonde lingering in the doorway.