Chapter 15: Hugs.

ASLAN WERNER.

Present.

It's Friday night.
The boys and I are on our way to the arcade that is smartly named as "The Arcade" which is around a 35 minutes drive away from our place. Laura planned the impromptu meet up.
She is picking up Amira from her house and will meet us directly at The Arcade. Something I wasn't aware of until I got in the car and found her missing.
I thought she'd be in the car as well but it was just Arden and Arnold and I came to know that she also invited Amira to The Arcade.

Of course, she did.

The fact that I even thought that Laura would ever plan a meet up without Amira goes to show that I can be real idiotic sometimes.

After a few minutes, we reach our destination and get out of the car once Arnold parks it in our usual spot.

"Let me give the girls a call and see where they are."
Arnold addresses to us and slips his phone out from the front pocket of his torn jeans that he is donning along with a light blue sweatshirt and white sneakers.

"Hey girlfriend. Where have you guys reached?"

Of course. He calls Amira instead of calling his twin.

"Hey yourself. We will be there in 5 minutes."
Amira's low and husky voice that has no right to sound as sexy as it does, travels through the speaker of his phone.

"Okay. See you!"
My buddy exclaims, his lips quirked.

"Yes, see you in a few!"
She replies just as enthusiastically.

Not long after a black Mercedes pulls up and Laura jumps out of the driver's seat wearing a fitted blue jeans and a white tank top and a denim jacket.
Donning the whole denim on denim look.

She rushes towards us and gives Arden and I one of her hugs avoiding her twin like he has a plague.

Amira rounds from the passenger seat.
Dressed in wide leg jeans, a white cardigan paired with a full-sleeved blue coloured jacket (a clothing item she seems to be obsessed with and almost always wears no matter how warm the weather is) and some blue hoops with stars dangling in it.

Unlike Laura who rushes forward to us to greet us with a hug she stands back until Arnold weasels his way to her with his arms wide open

"Amy baby, I need a hug too!"
Arnold sulks pouting at her and she opens her arms to hug him back.
He picks her up while hugging and twirls her around in a full circle then places her back on to the ground. Something he always does everytime they hug no matter where they are.

"Look at us we are twinning!"
Arnold points out at their matching blue outfit.

"We are written in the stars." He continues a little louder obviously rubbing it to his twin. And in 3 2 1 the twin starte bickering over her.

Amira just laughs at their antics and steps towards Arden who also engulfs her in a big bear hug whispering something in her ears and she whispers a reply right back as Arden tightens his hold on her, holding her a little longer than a normal hug requires.

They step out of their embrace and she turns to me almost as if she is going to hug me next but then freezes realising who I am and simply mutters a "Hi."

I reply with a "Hey" too and then we turn to our friends and start talking while ignoring one another.

We have come up with an unspoken truce to keep our rivalry between the two of us and not drag our friends into it. Hence, we talk civilly in front of our friends or simply ignore the other person as if we are non-existent the rest of the time.