"Aisha, I'm not going to keep fighting for something that isn't worth it," I say, looking at the teary-eyed girl.

"Do you mean that we're not worth fighting for, has our relationship meant nothing to you this entire time?" she asks, her voice getting louder with every word.

I sighed, knowing what I was about to say would cause even more commotion.

"Yes. It's never been worth the time and headaches. It's the same every time we supposedly fix our issues. In less than a week, we have even more problems than before." I answer.

"Let's end this. It's not healthy", I add.

She stayed silent and shrunk into the car seat.

"Is there someone else?" she asks in a small voice.

"No", I respond, growing tired of this conversation.

"Then why?" she asks.

"Whatever it is, I'll fix it, Ibrahim. I'll change if that's what you want," she adds, grabbing my arm.

"I don't want you to change. That's the opposite of what I want. You're a beautiful girl with exceptional qualities and a lot to offer. So many guys would be lucky to have you just the way you are. I want you to find someone who will love you genuinely and not make you feel you need to change anything about yourself." I say.

"We're just too different. I'm doing this because I don't want to hurt you or myself. We can't keep deluding ourselves into thinking this won't end on a bad note", I add.

She lets go and sinks back into the seat.

"I understand. Your most appealing quality has always been empathy," She says, a small smile gracing her lips.

"You're a good guy, Ibrahim, and I also hope you find the girl for you," She adds.

I smile back at her.

"Will you drive me back home?" She asks.

"Of course", I reply, starting the car.

I drop her off at home before heading to Hud's bachelor pad. The moment I walked in, they began bombarding me with questions.

'"Did she smack you in the face with her purse?" Jafar asks.

"I'm sure she right hooked him," Bukar responds.

"Unfortunately for you guys, no violence was involved," I answered.

"She took it quite well", I added.

"Is this the same Aisha who told Ailah to stay away from you?" Akram asks.

I nodded in response.

"That's quite surprising," Hud says.

"Honestly, I thought she would go batshit," Jafar states.

"I'm just glad that's over with," I say, slumping into the couch.

"Woah", Jafar says, nearly falling off the chair.

"Look at how pretty these girls are," he says, passing the phone around.

It gets to me, and I observe the picture. There were about seven girls in the picture, but one caught my eye.

"Fatima?" I ask no one, in particular, looking at the familiar girl.

"You know her?" Jafar says, pointing to her.

She looked beyond gorgeous.

"Something like that", I answered.

"Is she a potential?" He asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

I glared at him, and he stuck his tongue out at me.

"Who posted it?" I asked Jafar.

"Some girl named Juwairiyya", He answers.

"Wait, AK, isn't this your ex?" Jafar asks, showing him the picture.

"The druggie?" Bukar asks.

"It's her", Akram says, his tone hinting at his distaste for seeing her.

"Ibrahim, you best tell your girl to stop hanging around her then," Hud says.

"She's not my girl, and she wouldn't be into that stuff", I respond.

"She's not your girl, but you know what she will and will not do," Bukar says, giving me a suspicious look.

"I've only met her once", I clarify.

"What's that saying about friends?" Jafar asks, snapping his fingers.

"Show me your friends, and I'll tell you who you are", Akram answers.

"Yes, that!" Jafar says.

"If he says she's not like that, let's take his word for it. We don't know her," Akram says.

Jafar raises his hands in surrender and winks at me. I hiss and turn away.

"Okay, let's change the topic," Bukar says.

"Yes, let's discuss the options for dinner," Jafar says excitedly.

"Of course, that's his go-to topic," Hud jokes, and we all laugh.

-
Fatima's outfit👇

-Fatima's outfit👇