△▽△▽△

Well, that didn't take long. He found out the culprit in no time.

He sat at his desk, drawing imaginary picutes on his desk using his finger. Then he heard someone saying his name and looked up to see him standing behind the door, his head peeking in. The one person who can make him feel happy again. The one person who brightened up this depressing day. Edgar Allan Poe.

With his raccoon, Karl, of course. That animal is adorable, even if he was a thief.

He would greet him brightly but the feeling of throwing up arose. In fear of doing the actual action, he kept his mouth shut.

"Ranpo-kun! I have wrote a new novel and…" his voice trailed off as he took another careful look at the other's pale face. Karl ran up to sit on his owner's head.

"Ranpo-kun?"

The others noticed how one of their cleverest detectives looked ill. Kunikida adjusted his glasses with his middle finger before saying, "Ranpo-san, I think you better go home today. You look rather sick"

The said one didn't reply. He sat up before holding his arms out like a small child. Poe went to him, bent down, and pulled his arms around his neck before standing up slowly. The detective then wrapped his legs around the writer's waist before laying his head on his shoulder. Karl then ran down to sit on Ranpo's head. Ranpo's colleagues overheard the lovebirds' conversation as they left the office.

"Are you alright, Ranpo-kun?"

"Mhm…just need a rest and I'll be fine…"

"You need more than just a rest! Should we go to the doctor?"

"No…no need doctor…"

"Should I take you to Yosano?"

"…No."

"But she's a doctor! She'll know what to do!"

"She'll torture me more like"

"…What??"

"I'll be fine…just need to rest that's all"

"Is everything alright?" The pair froze when the female doctor stood in front of them. She glanced at her colleague's pale face and immediately knew what was wrong with him.

"Ranpo-san, I told you don't eat too much sugar! Look what happened!" She scolded, crossing her arms.

"I didn't ate plain sugar!" The other whined. Poe stood there helplessly. Yosano turned her attention on the writer as she told him what to do.

"Just make sure he gets lots of rest and drinks a lot of water. Make sure he also takes a cup of this twice a day, after eating his lunch and dinner. " she handed Poe a bottle of liquid medicine.

"I will…"

△▽△▽△

"Ranpo-kun, you have to take it!"

"Don't wanna!"

"But-"

"No! It's absolutely disgusting!"

Once Poe arrived at his own house and carefully make sure his lover was comfortable on the bed in the guest room, he went to cook lunch for the both of them, giving Karl a few scraps of food every now and then. Then he fixed another lunch for his pet before heading up to the guest room, carrying all three of their lunches on a tray. He placed Karl's food on the floor to make eating comfortable for the raccoon before giving Ranpo his lunch. The three ate their lunch, comfortable and happy with each other's presence.

Then a fight arose. Poe tried to get his lover to drink the cup of medicine but Ranpo keeps refusing, claiming that it tastes absolutely horrible and nothing in this world will ever convince him to drink such monstrosity.

"Ranpo-kun, you have to!"

"No!"

"Ranpo!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Edogawa Ranpo!"

"Full name doesn't work on me!"

"Love? Dear?"

"Pet names don't work too!"

"…I'll give you cuddles??"

"I get cuddles from you anyways"

"…Snacks? Sweets?"

"You buy them for me often"

"…Just take the medicine!"

"No!"

It took a very very long time until Ranpo finally took his medicine.

△▽△▽△

"Mm…Poe?"

"Yes, Ranpo-kun?" The couple was cuddling.

"Can you sing to me?"

"…Ranpo I can't sing"

"Yeah but…pleaseee?"

"Why do you even want me to sing to you?…"

"My mother used to sing to me whenever I feel sick…" Ranpo stayed silent then, memories of his mother softly singing songs as young Ranpo laid down in bed flooding his mind. Sometimes his father would join in too on the singing. He remembered how their soft voices always soothed him to sleep.

Then he remembered the accident that took them away from him. He remembered everything.

"…Ranpo-kun?" Poe softly asked. The said one curled up into a ball, a sad expression on his face.

"Alright I'll sing for you…don't blame me if my voice doesn't sound good"

"Really?"

"Yup"

Ranpo smiled before nestling closer to his lover. His lover began racking his mind for any songs before the other requested for…nursery rhymes?

"But why nursery rhymes?"

"My parents often sang them when I was sick…"

"…I see" he thought about it for a few seconds before starting to sing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'. He only sang a few sentences before he realized the other had already fallen asleep.

"Have a good rest, Ranpo-kun…" he softly whispered, placing a kiss on the other's forehead.

Ideas: