Chapter 2. What The Hell?

Percy's POV

I don't want to wake up. I thought to myself. I stared at my alarm clock and groaned. Its already seven? How? I went to sleep at eleven!

"PERSEUS JACKSON IF YOU DON'T GET UP RIGHT THIS INSTANT-" my mom started yelling. "I'M AWAKEEE!" I called back. "GOOD! I MADE PANCAKES!" She yelled. I smiled.

I got dressed. I just threw on a dark-blue T-shirt with my dog tags, some faded-blue jeans, and some Converses. I quickly threw them on.

I went to the bathroom and stared at myself. My hair was such a mess. I tried to comb it, but that just made it worse. So, I decided to just comb my hands through it and leave it.

How do girls even like me? I wondered to myself. I just want to be like any normal dude! With a girlfriend, some best friends, and a happy family. Without fucking girls on my tail everywhere I go! Don't get me wrong, I'll protect them if someone tries to do something to them, but don't follow me everywhere! I thought.

I wandered out of my room and went to the kitchen. "Morning, Mom!" I said. "Morning Percy!" She calls. "Here's your pancakes!" She handed me a plate and syrup. They're blue, my favorite!

I drowned them in syrup and ate them as quickly as I could. Then I rushed out of the room and got on my motorcycle, Blackjack. I put on my helmet, knowing my mother would kill me if I didn't, track me down in the afterlife, and kill me again.

I drove to school, taking everything in on the way. Gosh, I love Manhattan. It's just an amazing place, with all the buildings, people, and greenery. It isn't naturally green but it's still beautiful.

I got to the school and parked Blackjack. I watched as heads turned everywhere; I force myself not to punch someone.

I walked inside, everyone's heads turned again. Can they all just leave me alone? Wait... who is that? She has blonde hair her body shape is slim, but curvy. Her skin color is olive, with a kind of warmish undertone. She was wearing a black T-shirt, her pants are ripped blue faded jeans, and some Converses.

She seemed to be staring at me... as if she was trying to decide what to think of me. It was terrifying. I looked at her face, I couldn't make out her eye color though. It seemed to be dark. Stormy even.

Then her friend, my best friend's girlfriend, called her. She looked away after the girl snapped her fingers in her face. I ran off and went to my best friend. His name is Jason Grace.

"Uh, who is the girl talking to your girlfriend?" I asked him. "Huh? Oh! That's Annabeth Chase." He explained. The name dawned on me, like a bullet.

~flashback~

I was riding down the street on my skateboard at age 12. I was going down a hill, at least 2MPH, while laughing my butt off.

I didn't realize that there was a girl ahead of me. "GAH!" I heard her scream. "WHAT THE HELL DUDE?!" She screamed, as my skateboard and I lay on top of her.

"Sorry!" I apologize. I didn't notice you!" I said as I got my skateboard and I off of her. "You think?!" She yelled. "Sorry! I truly am!" I begged. "I forgive you, but I will never forget." She says, a scary undertone in her voice.

"So, what's your name?" I asked. "Annabeth." She said. "Yours?" "Percy!"

After that we became inseparable. Until she left, for no apparent reason. I was pretty sure it had something to do with her abusive father... I wonder what he's up to.

~end of flashback~

A wave of sadness washes over me, as I remembered the hurt and pain I had felt when I had heard about her stupid father taking her away.

All I wanted to do was go up and hug her. We told each other everything! I knew her favorite number, to her favorite body part. The brain was her favorite body part.

"Hey, Jason..." I said. "Yeah?" He replied. "Uh, can you ask your girlfriend to bring Annabeth to the park and tell her that you want to meet up with our friends?" I asked. "Annabeth is extremely hard to convince, Percy... it would take Piper a gazillion years to convince her," Jason says. "But I'll try I guess!"

"Oh, thank the gods!" I say. "Percy, why do you want to talk to Annabeth so much?" Jason asked. "Uh... it's just, gah! Who cares, I'll tell you after gym!" I said. "Ok, ok!" Jason said.

"GUYS!" I heard a high-pitched masculine voice call. "Leo?" I called, looking over to where I heard the sound.

"I GOT A DATE!" He screamed. "NICE!" Jason and I yell together.

He ran over. "Who is it?" Jason asked. "Her name is Calypso Ogygia!" He explained. "You mean Rachel's best friend? Good job dude!" Jason said.

"What're you guys talkin' about?" I heard a feminine voice ask. "Oh, just that Leo got a date!" Jason answers. I looked over and saw Jason pecking Piper on the lips.

"PIPERRRRR!" I heard another feminine voice call. "WHATTTT?!" She called back. "C'MERE!" Piper called. "NO! YOU COME HERE!" She called back. I looked over and saw my ex-best friend yelling at Piper.

"WHY WON'T YOU COME HERE!" Piper yelled. "REASONS!" She called back. "IS IT BECAUSE HE'S HERE?!" Piper yelled, gesturing to me. "UHH MAYBE?" She called back. "Just come over here Annabeth! I don't bite!" I called, trying to contain my blushing.

"Ugh fine!" She yelled. She ran over and completely ignored me. "Piper wanna come over to my place tonight? My father isn't home, only my stepmother! He might get home later, but I really don't know,"

That's when Jason whispered something in Piper's ear. She nodded and said, "Only if we go to Central Park first!"

Plan get Annabeth to like me again is-a-go! I smiled and said, "Anyways! Guys-" I started, but the bell rang, interrupting my speech. "Well, guess I gotta get to gym." I laughed.

I ran off and smiled, trying to contain my excitement about the fact that Annabeth was next to me a second ago.

I got to the gym, and there she was. Ugh.

REMEMBER TO COMMENT+VOTE
(Posted on: Saturday, February 18, 2023)
(Word Count: 1083)