Longing

The Marauder was quiet. So quiet, the sound of Tech's soft snores echoed through the ship. It had been almost two months since Echo left. While the batch had come to terms with his decision, one member still struggled with the sudden change.

"How long do ya think til the kid returns back to normal?" Wrecker gently set Gonky down, being mindful of the two batchers peacefully sleeping.

Hunter maneuvered his knife between his fingers absentmindedly. "Give her some time. Echo leaving was unexpected to her."

Wrecker took a quick glance over his shoulder. The fairy lights to the gunner's mount twinkled in the darkness, throwing miniscule speckles of warmth on the nearby walls.

"Yeah...but it's been more than a month."

Hunter sighed deeply. Not a day went by that he didn't think of how much Omega's personality had changed. She had gone from energetic and bouncing around the ship, to reserved. She preferred to be alone after most missions. She may have thought she was good at hiding it, but they all knew her better.

"I know," Hunter murmured.

I know

A low beep sounded through the cockpit. Hunter spun around, watching as the white lights of hyperspace fizzled out and the Marauder entered Pantora's atmosphere.

"I'll wake Tech." Wrecker stood up, stretching his arms wide as he trudged to the back.

~~~

Omega clutched Lula to her chest, burying her face into the soft material. Her memories plagued her every single time she closed her eyes. She hated seeing Echo grow smaller and smaller until he was nothing more than a dot in the depths of Coruscant. Omega turned to her side, trying to let the week's worth of deprived sleep takeover her wild mind. Since Echo left, she had been training harder than ever before. Hunter had to physically step in and order her to take a break. Omega had ripped away from his grasp, storming back into the ship. How else was she supposed to improve? If she were stronger before, then maybe—Omega tightly shut her eyes. She was the reason the batch was split apart. Not just Echo, but Crosshair as well. If she had just stayed by Nala Se's side, the batch would still be together. It was because of her, Hunter didn't want to take ignition against the Empire. Her existence had disrupted the squad, tearing it apart slowly. Soon she would be left alone. Forgotten.

"We're approaching Pantora. Hunter wants ya up front."

Omega picked up on Wrecker's attempted hushed voice. She sat up, leaning toward the curtain that shielded her from the rest of the ship.

Pantora.

The young clone turned away, her gaze falling upon her trooper doll.

She had first shown it to Echo. She had fallen in love with the toy from the moment she laid eyes on it. Echo agreed to buy it for her...that was until the mission went off the road.

Omega swallowed the lump in her throat. Everything reminded her of her missing brother. She understood that he felt the need to be with Rex, but what about them? They needed him too.

She needed him.

Omega fell back on the soft mat, staring at the ceiling as a silent tear slowly trailed down her cheek.

~~~

Hunter fastened his knife in its sheath. While they weren't stealing from the Empire, Cid's missions were questionable. However, this mission appeared simple: Meet Cid's client who would be waiting with a handsome amount of credits. He didn't bother asking why he owed her so much, just as long as they were getting paid.