Chapter 72: All's Well, Then End's Well.

Start from the beginning

"Okay," Jeongguk nodded. "Let's get it done and dusted,"

As they walked to the door of their bedroom, they took their final uneasy breath before Taehyung opened the door. Once they stepped out, they made their way to the halls. The final day of Jeongguk being seen as the king's personal servant.

"Your Highness," a familiar voice spoke as they bowed to them.

"Ah! Ji-hun!" Taehyung smiled. "Could you tell some of the knights to round up the villagers? I have an announcement to make." He looked at Jeongguk. "..The announcement"

"Of course," Ji-hun nodded with a smile. He then walked away from his post down the halls to tell a few other knights.

"Come, let's head to the balcony." Taehyung directed the younger male while gripping his hand.

They continued down the halls and around a few corners towards the open balcony that the warlock recognised twice before. The first from when he first arrived, the second by Taehyung's announcement of his father's death. Jeongguk took a breath as he felt his hands start to shake. Though he wasn't alone, Taehyung's hands were also shaking from his own nerves.

"Stay here, by the side till I tell you to come, okay?" Taehyung spoke to Jeongguk once they had reached the doorway to the open balcony.

"Okay," Jeongguk nodded. "Wait…" He gripped the other's hand.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked softly as he looked at the warlock.

Jeongguk quickly placed a kiss on Taehyung's lips. "To ease the nerves." He smiled.

Taehyung blinked for a second in shock before smiling and placing a kiss back against the warlock's cheek. "I love you,"

"I love you too," Jeongguk replied. "Now go." He smiled.

Taehyung gave the younger one last smile before turning and walking to the front of the balcony where he could see over the balcony barrier. He saw all his people standing and waiting for his announcement. It suddenly dawned on him how many people there were in the village. All those eyes stared up at him. He looked for a familiar face to give himself some comfort. The king saw Namjoon in the crowd, who gave him a comforting smile.

Taehyung took a deep breath. "My lovely people, I have a few things to announce to you all on this day! Now if there is anything that bothers you in anyway, you may leave the village, we'll kindly help pack anything and give you anything you'll need for your journey but with that being said here are the announcements"

He cleared his throat. "First and foremost, the law stating that anyone who uses magic will be executed will now be erased and no longer exists." Taehyung heard a few murmurs from the villagers. "Reason being that… I myself can use magic, I have done so ever since I was saved by a witch when I was a baby, but I had those memories repressed…"

A few villagers nodded and even more had smiles.

"Another part of that reason is that my personal friend, who you all know as Jeongguk, is a warlock." A few people of the village gasped in shock whilst others smiled. "He has been protecting me and everyone he can from harmful spells,"

Taehyung turned to look at the warlock and gestured to him to come forward. Jeongguk took a hesitant first step before making his way over to the male. He took Taehyung's hand and stood by the king's side. He saw all of his future people. They all looked up at him in awe. There were a few murmurs from the villagers saying that he looked very pretty, that he was gorgeous, and that some knew that he saved them from the dragon.

"..Jeongguk is also my fiance, we've been dating in secret when my father was alive and had continued to do so since then, I proposed to him weeks ago, he'll be the other King at my side, he'll be known as King Jeongguk" Taehyung couldn't stop gazing at the warlock as he spoke.

Taehyung turned to look at his people. "This is why I had stated that if you didn't like what you heard, you may leave…We were both nervous and frightened by all of your reactions,"

"He'll be a good king!" A woman from the crowd shouted. "Good by your side and good for the people! He knows how we are and what's best for us all!"

"Yes! He shall go down in legend!" A man shouted. "The one who saved us from the mighty dragon!"

Nearly all the people of the village cheered in celebration. Though there was a family who looked unhappy by the change. Jeongguk saw that the family started to talk to one of the knights and knew that meant that the family would leave. One family out of many. He wasn't too surprised by the action. He knew at least one would go.

"Sire, there is a family who are leaving," a Knight had spoken from behind the two.

"Let them, we knew at least one would leave," Taehyung smiled sadly. "Do help them pack up and give them enough food and water for the journey."

"..and do tell them they're always welcome back," Jeongguk spoke up. "This is and will always be their home,"

"Yes, Sire." The knight nodded before turning back and telling another knight who ran off to tell more.

"That was very sweet of you to tell them that, my love." Taehyung smiled at the other.

"Well, I wanted them to know that if they feel that they're not at home, a home is always here for them." He nodded.

"That's why I love you." Taehyung placed a kiss on the warlock's cheek, making the crowd cheer.

Jeongguk smiled widely and saw out of the corner of his eye the family being told what he said. They all looked at one another before shaking their heads and turning back to their home with a smile on their faces. Maybe they chose not to leave in the end.

"I don't think they'll leave," Jeongguk pointed out.

"That's good, maybe what you said changed their minds"

"Maybe indeed," the warlock smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys liked this chapter!
They finally told the villagers!
Ahh, I'm happy about it.

I don't have much else to say.
Oh! Right! The next chapter will be filler again, so please do tell me if there is anything you'd want to see in the fillers!

I purple you 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜