+++ Cabir+++

The event took place the evening after Manik cut Nandini's call when she was in the staff exchange program.

M A N I K

'Everything I do would be for myself.' I had said this exact lines to her before hanging up the call but it's funny how all I had ever wanted was her by my side. We had always been together be it in home, school, college, club activities and in fact we were even in the same field of work. We had never been apart and now that she wasn't around I could think of nothing but her. I was, I am all about her. I wasn't even exaggerating. I missed her like crazy and I still had to hold myself back because we had crossed each others line and it could not be undone now.

Sipping my drink, I looked towards the crimson red sky as the sun slowly set. The last time I had come here was with her a month ago when she was upset about her mum. I let out a chuckle remembering how she had gotten drunk and had me on the edge of my patience. No lie, she really has the power to drive me wild.

Screech!!!

The screeching sound of brakes behind me caught my attention. "Cabir." I got up from my place on seeing his motorbike. Taking off his helmet, he waved a 'hi' to me. He got off from his bike as he ran a hand through his hair setting it to one side and said, "You really are here."

"Yeah, so?"

"I am here to keep you company." he shrugged, reaching me and snatching the half empty bottle from my hand and taking a sip from it. "Nandini insisted that today I should keep you company and also she specifically requested me to not let you drink." His eyes fell on the two bottle of vodkas lying on the floor.

I instantly blocked his view. "And you are here to stop me."

"Apparently that's my intention." Cabir agreed as his eyes zoomed out from me to the view of the sky behind me. "Enjoying such a beautiful scene alone wouldn't be that fascinating and here-" his attention shifted back to me. "you are still doing it alone. You could have just asked me to keep you company."

"This month's report is already due. So I didn't want to disturb you."

"Lousy excuse. I can always make time for you." he slightly pushed me aside and sat on the floor before patting the area beside him inviting me to sit.

"Right and not meet the monthly report deadlines." I said in an accusing tone as I sat beside him. 

"Don't blame me like that." he playfully punched my forearm." I just want to be thorough with the details in the report. My efforts are really commendable."

"Nothing commendable." I shook my head in disbelief. After a pause, I asked, "Any progress with Navya?"

He shook his head in 'no' as he took a sip of my drink. "She isn't taking any initiative and the same goes from my side too. I am giving her the break she needs just like how she wanted me too. And here I am enjoying my single life with-" he sneered, shaking the bottle in his hand as he added. "a bottle of vodka and of course a beautiful sight of sunset in front of me."

"Don't be so dramatic. It's just a break Cabir."

"It's just a break Manik." Cabir mimicked. "We both are in the same situation, idiot. It's unnecessarily complicated but you are giving her a break too. You can't help it and so can't I even though I love her and she loves me back but it's not enough and-" he let out an exasperated sigh. "I need to be understanding."

"Damn! scratch it." I picked up the other bottle from the floor and clinked it with his. "Cheers, bro." I said before opening the bottle cap and sipping the drink.

"My parents keep pestering me to get married."

"Haven't you told them yet?"

"No and I won't tell them either. If they know about this break thing I am sure they are going to confront Navya and worse they might even start finding me marriage candidates. I don't want any of that to happen. Better be safe than sorry." 

I just 'hmm' sipping my drink. 

"Are you okay though?" Cabir asked after maybe a minute of silence.

"I think I am. Strangely I am thinking more about her than my dad today."

"That's supposed to be good right?!"

"May be." I nodded. "I know what she has gone through and how much she hates this whole marriage and love thing. I know.. I knew it all and yet I pushed it because that seemed like a better option. She seemed fine but she was struggling to come in terms with all this and her feelings. I saw it all but I just didn't know what to do except for being there by her side."

"You tried your best Manik and it's not your fault that she needs a break. She needs this break to see things clearer.. to figure things out and knowing you both I know both of you are gonna work it out somehow."

"It's not so easy."

"It isn't. I know but just take a break Manik. It's going to be fine."

"Is it?" I wasn't sure. 

"Yes." he assured, patting my shoulder. "Urghh this feels lonely. How about going to a livelier place?"

"And where would that livelier place be?" 

"Your home." Finishing up the remaining liquid in his bottle he got up from his place. "Let's go. I'll keep you company tonight."

"I don't need your company." I denied.

"But I do. Now let's get moving." he smiled pulling me up. "Gonna cuddle you in my arms all night long." 

"You are really annoying." Contrary to my words, I knew I had this small smile on my lips. 

"You are more. So that's fine." He laughed.

"You aren't serious about the cuddle right?"

"Well-" he threw his arms around my shoulder and flashed a smile. "what do you think?"

*****

XD What do you think? I just genuinely adore the bond they shared onscreen in Season 1 and yeah I am still so not over what they did with him in the end. Also, this was something I had in my drafts for after Chapter 31 but it never made it to the published list and I don't know why it didn't when I love how they were. So, I just thought why not publish it now. 

Kind of messed up I know but I have my exams coming up in June and it's honestly mentally exhausting every single day. But I really wanted to post something and this is what I came up with. I can't promise till the starting week of June but I'll try to update a chapter.

Stay safe. Stay happy.
Love ❤️

Aaku