4. My perfect half

The night of prologue

N A N D I N I

"My stomach hurts from all that laughing and it's all because of you." He blamed as he combed his messy hair. "That surprise tickle attack in the middle of pillow fight was just too much."

"You started the pillow fight. You are in no position to complain." I shrugged as I put on my heels.

Our pillow and tickle war would have lasted a little more longer if Manik's mum hadn't called Manik downstairs. She wanted to introduce him to someone, probably one of the marriage candidates.

"I am gonna get back at you, you know that right?" He looked at me through the mirror. "Go on. Try your best to get back at me my green eyed monster."

"C'mon stupid don't call me that." He turned to look at me and I shook my head in 'no' with a goofy smile on my face. "Green eyed monster."

"So stupid." He sighed before walking past me and opening the door. "You aren't leaving right away, right?"

"No, I'll be staying for a bit longer." I said as I walked out of the door first. We then walked downstairs talking about the new launched character in the online game that we played.

"In short it's pretty overpowered character for now." I said.

"It's going to get a nerf for sure." He agreed.
(P.S: To those who don't know, in online games nerf pretty much means adjustment)

"I just hope they don't nerf it too much."

"Probably the damage output-" I stopped mid way when I heard my dad's voice.

"Nandini. There you are." He reached us and behind him was Aryaman.

"Hello uncle." Manik greeted my dad and my dad smiled placing a hand on his shoulder. "Congratulations Manik. You finally officially got the position you deserve."

"Thank you uncle." Manik smiled but his smile dropped almost immediately, probably on spotting Aryaman.

"Hey, once again, Manik." Aryaman smiled but Manik swiftly ignored his remark. "By the way uncle did you think about our collaboration project proposal?"

"I checked the proposal you sent me and it's top notch. Now only the BOD has to approve it. In fact I am planning on proposing to the BOD to make Nandini the in charge of this project from my company's side. What do you say?" My dad smiled withdrawing his
hand from Manik's shoulder.

"It would be great." He said, looking at me, probably trying to figure out if I was pressurised with the whole situation. Honestly I couldn't care less. I had already given up my dream of being an author and for now my only plan was to fulfill the tasks that would be thrown my way.

"Oh yeah, by the way, meet Nandini's to be fiance Aryaman." My dad wrapped his arms around Aryaman's shoulder. Damn he really was trying to impose his decision on me like every other time, not that I was expecting any less from him but still I felt too annoyed. Fisting my hands, I tried calming myself down.

"Uncle didn't you say I was your ideal type son in law?" Manik held my fisted hands behind us and lightly patted it a few times. Without even realising a small smile made it's way to my lips.

"Oh, you still are. But you told me you guys are just friends and I can not possibly force you, can I?" He laughed. "This is Manik. You know him right Aryaman?"