+++Try me+++

When it comes to you, I don't want to sugarcoat things, not even at the cost of my own happiness. I want you to know it all and have the best option out of it.
.

Flashback to when they were sixteen
.

Nandini cleared her throat, making Manik lift his gaze from his phone screen. He studied her face for a moment. "Spill. What did you do now?"

"Promise me you won't laugh at me."

He shook his head slightly. "Now I can't promise that. That's my inevitable duty as your best friend."

She groaned. "Fine, I'll just say it anyway. I am going on a date with Aryan this weekend."

Contrary to what she had pictured in her head, he frowned. "Aryan?!"

"The senior from our literature club."

His frown deepened. "I don't remember."

"Of course you don't." she sat on the single sofa beside him. "Do you even know anyone else than me in that club?"

"Why do I even need to know anyone when I joined the club just to accompany you?" he placed his phone aside, studying her face for quite a while. "You serious about this?!"

"Dead serious."

"I thought you weren't interested in dating and stuffs." he sounded a bit annoyed.

"I.. I just thought that may be I should give it a try."

"Then try me!" he snapped in the heat of moment. Only when those words left his mouth did he realize the weight of the words he had said but the deed was done and he didn't feel an ounce of regret saying it.

"Wh.. What?!"

"Try dating me."

"Stop joking. You are my bestfriend and I can't... no actually I absolutely won't date my bestfriend."

"What's it got to do with me being your bestfriend? You just want to try right?! Then try me." he said stubbornly. "I am much of a better option than that stranger."

"Seriously Manik! Going on a date with you would just not feel like a date. I wanna experience how real date feels like and he ain't a stranger. I know him."

"Of course you do." he huffed, spreading his arms towards her. "Come here." It wasn't a request. It was an order, one she couldn't defy.

She got up from her seat and sat on his lap, clinging both of her arms on either side of his neck. "You upset with me?" she asked softly.

"I am not." he lightly caressed her cheeks.

"If you don't want me to then I won't go."

"No. It's fine. Go date him." he sighed, caressing her shoulders lightly. "Try it if that's what you want to but don't let him take advantage of you. And I swear if I find out that he is playing with you, I'll not leave him unscathed."

"I know." her lips curved into a soft smile. "I very well do."
.

'Try me' I'll honestly melt if someone says this to me. I really think 'try me' is a good pick up line. Simple but I just like it and well Nandini is *ahem ahem* just too *ahem* dense to know this.

Are you guys enjoying the snippet of their past?? If yes then comment and if no then also comment to let me know. Don't forget to vote as well. Quite demanding, aren't I XD?

Stay safe. Stay happy.
Love ❤️💚
Aaku