+++ Only you +++

Flashback to when they were sixteen

"This is the third one." Nandini let out a sigh as she leaned on the railing. "Do you have to reject them that directly?"

"It's better than giving hope." Manik shrugged as he looked down at the student filled basketball ground.

"But isn't that a bit too harsh on her? Like she mustered up her courage to confess to you and you just rejected her right on her face. You didn't even think about giving her a chance."

"It's harsher if I agree to date her without having feelings for her." Manik raised his gaze to look at her. "In fact there's no point in thinking."

"I mean she might have been a very good girlfriend. She is pretty, smart-" Throwing his arms around her shoulder, he crushed her with his weight making her choke on her words.

"Drop it." he said almost in a whiny tone. "I don't need anyone. Just you is enough."

Her body froze for a second or so and the only sensation she felt was of her rampaging heartbeat. "Just you stupid." his smile stretched wider. "Only you." 

Looking away, she elbowed his stomach a little too harshly. "Don't dump this cheesy lines on me."

He wailed almost dramatically, loosening his grip around her shoulder. "Don't hit me. I am fragile and I am being sincere. "

She looked at him in disbelief. "Oh so fragile and sincere and you still can crush me with this weight of yours."

"What can I do when you are the only one who can handle me." he squeezed her tightly in between him and the railing, making her squirm and get out of his hold.

"Try those lines at those girls that are chasing after you. I am pretty sure they can handle you better." she breathed in sharply, feeling her cheeks heat up.

He let out a soft laugh before causally wrapping his arms around her shoulder. "But I am pretty sure I can't handle them. So bear with me."

She scoffed, throwing draggers from her eyes. "No not happening and-" she crossed her arms around her chest "just get off me."

"Nope." he pulled her closer.

"I'll kick you if you don't." she said masking a tone of annoyance but contrary to her words she made no effort to push him away.

*****

You guys might be wondering why I haven't been updating. Well exams. I can't help it. So I just decided to post a few snippets of how they used to be. For the next few weeks you'll be getting to know their past self better. The update might get longer depending on which feels I get myself into.

Comments have dropped drastically and so has my motivation level. Welp I would really love it if you could vote and also comment. Please na!!

Love ❤️💚
Aaku