54

Season 2 episode 15
"A Problem Of Memory"

    Jace took in a deep breath and rolled onto his back

Jace took in a deep breath and rolled onto his back. He reached his arm out trying to feel for Ronnie. When he didnt feel her his brows furrowed. Jaces eyes opened and he sat up. Looking around for his fiancé. When there was no sight of her he called out her name. "Vee?" There was no response.

The reason she didn't answer was because Veronica found herself in the training room. Throwing punch after punch at the punching bag.

After about an hour Izzy walked into the room. "Alright, you hit that bag any harder it might pop open."

Ronnie tilted her head and threw another punch. "Maybe thats the plan."

Izzy sighed. "Imagining it as Clary's head wont help."

Ronnie rolled her eyes and put her arms down by her side. "Its helping a little bit."

"Come on, Alec wants us." Izzy reached for Ronnies hand and held it. "We'll talk about this later."

Ronnie was wearing a dark blue leggings and a dark blue sports bra with white tennis shoes. The workout set fitting her body perfectly.

"I've requested that we move Valentine to the Gard in Idris. The Clave has approved the transfer." Alec looked at Ronnie and gave her a smile.

"You told them about the assassination attempt?" Jace asked as he looked at Ronnie, his eyes not leaving her.

Alec tilted his head. "No. I explained to them that moving Valentine out of the city is the best way to restore relations with the Downworld. I left Luke out of it."

"It is the right decision." Sebastian spoke from where he was standing next to Tommy. Ronnie wondered why he was even here. None of them really knew him.

"But we have not given up on finding who orchestrated the hit on Valentine."

"I actually have a few leads on that." Sebastian cut Alec off. "I'll get a report in by the end of today."

"Great." Alec nodded. "Izzy you'll be leading the transfer mission. Jace you will assist."

"We need to remove Valentines circle rune." Izzy looked at Ronnie who nodded.

"The new wards in idris wont let him pass." Ronnie added.

Izzy smiled. "Jace, do you want the honors?"

A smile immediately made its way on Jace's face. "Thought you'd never ask."

Alec looked at the twins. "I want you two working on strengthening your powers. We need you at your best."

Tommy nodded and kissed Alecs cheek before walking off, looking at Ronnie to signal they would meet in the library.

Ronnie made her way over to Jace as Izzy walked away. Jace looked down at her as he intertwined their hands. "I woke up alone this morning."

"I was hitting a punching bag."

Jace shook his head and laughed. "Of course you were."

"I love you." Ronnie smiled at him.

"I love you more." Jace leaned down and kissed her lips.

As they pulled away Ronnie started to walk backwards. "I'll talk to you later."

Jace nodded as she got far enough their hands fell. "I'll come find you."

🐝

The twins were finally alone, probably for the first time in weeks. "So how are you and Alec?" Ronnie smirked at her brother.

Tommy narrowed his eyes before smiling. "We're good, he uh, hes stressed but we're doing really good. He makes me really happy Ron." He played with one of the books in his hands.

"I can tell, your always so smiley." Ronnie flipped through one of the books laying on the table. She started reading until she remembered something. "Hey, you know what?"

"What?" Tommy looked up.

"These books wont help us with our powers. But there are some books that will."

Tommy furrowed his brows. "What are you talking about?"

"Tommy, maybe we should go to Idris." Ronnie smiled.

"Like Idris, Idris?"

She nodded. "Theres a ton of books in mom and dads house, they'll probably help us more then these ever will."

"Are you saying that we should go home? Like our real home?" Tommy stood up with a large smile. He had been wanting to see the house but he wanted to go with his sister.

Ronnie nodded. "Yeah i am."

——

Ella speaks!!
Sorry i havent updated in a minute, i just got a cat so i've been busy. Heres this weeks chapter! I hope you all love it and lmk what you think. Love ya!