Chapter 7

Inside Champ's mind, the pup found himself wandering around a very familiar forest.

Champ:I know this place.

Champ then wandered into an open field, seeing a White furred German Shepherd sitting down.

Champ:Dad?

Bolt:I expected more from you...

Champ:Huh?

Bolt started to growl at Champ.

Champ:What are you doing?

Bolt:You failed me!

Bolt tackled Champ and started choking at him.

Champ:Dad, stop!

Champ managed to kick his father off him.

Bolt:I know about everything you did when I died!

Champ:(What is this?)

Bolt: I raised you to be better!

Champ:I don't want to fight you, dad!

Bolt:I made a mistake having you as my son!

Bolt immediately started charging towards Champ, who quickly punched Bolt, sending him crashing down the hill. Champ was completely frightened that he just hit his own father.

Bolt: You're a failure, Champ!

Champ:Dad, stop, please!

Bolt shot lasers out of eyes. Champ quickly got out of the way.

Bolt:(Groans)

Champ:(Sobs)

Champ saw that his father was getting ready to release a superbark.

Champ:No!

They both released a superbark at the same time, sending them both crashing down the hill. Bolt then attempted to tackle Champ. Champ quickly shrunk down to avoid his father.

Bolt:You were supposed to be the better version of me!

Champ thought about running, but deep down, he knew that his father was right. Champ took a deep breath as he slowly approached his father.

Champ: You're right, I did fail you, in fact, I failed everyone. I let my grief get the best of me. I nearly destroyed an entire village, and I even killed someone without reason. I just couldn't imagine my life without you in it. And I'm sorry, for everything I've done to you and to everyone. I even failed Matthew and the others.

Bolt then lowered his head.

Champ:(Sobs) I'm so sorry dad!

Bolt then gently licked Champ's face.

Champ:Huh?

Bolt shrunk down as he hugged Champ.

Champ:(Sobs)

Bolt: It's alright.

Champ:(Sobs) I can't stop him.

Bolt:Yes you can, you still don't what you're capable of. Are you not my son?

Champ:I am your son.

Bolt:Then you understand what you need to do. You don't need to hold back any longer, release your power, show him everything you got!

Champ wiped his tears.

Champ:Yes sir!

Bolt then placed a paw on Champ's chest.

Bolt:No matter what, I'll always be in your heart! Now show him what happens when he messes with our family.

Champ nodded his head.