The said captain of the guard, arrived at the dining table and sat next to Mila, giving her a secretive lopsided smile upon remembering the way she freaked out earlier when they woke up together in her room this morning. When he saw the upset look on her face as she didn't return his smile, Glorfindel looked at the twins in front of him.

"Ah perfect timing, Glorfindel."

"What is going on?" the golden haired elf asked with concern, glancing at Mila.

"We know how much administrative work you have these days and we are helping you. We're giving you an assistant!" exclaimed Elrohir with a grin.

Still not following, Glorfindel answered matter of factly. "I don't need or want an assistant. I can handle it."

Mila let out a disbelief chuckle, placing her hand on her mouth as she digested what happened.

Dan and Ro didn't even know if Glorfindel needed an assistant. They just wanted to let her down gently and passed her to someone else.

Elladan and Elrohir realized then that they didn't think through their plan of getting Glorfindel and Mila closer.

"Mila-"

"It's your right. I accept," Mila said, getting up from her seat, making the three elf warrior looked up at her in shock at the hurt in her voice, "I just wish you at least told me what I did wrong," she told the twins, on the verge of tears before turning away, "Don't follow me."

The twins both had stood up on their chairs, but were left stupefied at her last request.

Glorfindel who had no clue what was going on, only knew what was in front of him. His expression was dark and angry when he looked at his nephews.

"What did you both do?" he growled, his jaw set.

"It's a misunderstanding," blurted Elrohir.

"We did this all wrong. So wrong," Elladan mumbled to himself, massaging his temple.

It never crossed Glorfindel's mind to strangle both twins, but he did considered it now. But upon remembering Mila's sad eyes just now, he chose to find Mila first, and kill the twins later.

"Whatever prank you pulled, Elladan and Elrohir Peredhel, this time you went too far," Glorfindel said with a dangerous calm before leaving his breakfast. "Stay."

Mila sobbed as she made her way to a deserted courtyard in Rivendell. She knew she shouldn't feel like this, but she was hurt and disappointed-mostly to herself.

Maybe Elladan and Elrohir got bored of her so they thought of replacing her. The thought made her feel so lonely.

Glorfindel approached her.

"Go away, Glorfindel," she muttered, wiping her wet nose.

He ignored her and proceeded to sit next to her.

"Their pranks could be too much at times," Glorfindel began, offering her a handkerchief which she took, "Please forgive them. I'm sure they don't mean to let it go this far."

Mila cried again. "It's not a prank. They are firing me."

The moment his eyes met her wet ones, his heart broke for her, while at the same time, his anger at the twins multiplied at what he just heard.

"I think I didn't do a good job, but they won't tell me what I did wrong."

Glorfindel couldn't bear to see her cry, so he scooted closer to her and put her in his arms. He pressed his cheek against her head, letting her cry to his chest.