Chapter 1.

Mako POV.

My name's Mako Emmens I am 22 years old I've lived in an orphanage sense I was 5.

My parents were murdered by a monster, my parents were part of a group of people who would kill rogue vampires werewolves gorgans or any other creature.

But then something happened.

*17 years ago*

Mom“ Alright sweetie time for bed-.

My mom stops talking and she looks at the window.

Mom“ Dawn.

Dad“ I sense it to it's two of them.

My Dad picks me up and puts me in a closet my mom grabs a gun and my father grabs a shotgun.

Mom“ GET OUT!

I peak through the crack of the closet my Mother starts shooting but something speeds past splitting her in half.

My Father screams and starts shooting but something hits my dad's neck ripping it to pieces.

The two monsters look at my direction their eyes glowing gold.

They speed out and I walk out seeing my parents dead.

*Present*

I now work in the orphanage but this orphanage isn't a normal one.

These people don't care for anyone but their next meal it's awful.

Food is scarce so to survive we kill weak and feeble people old men or women or the easiest way children.

If they show any signs of weakness like a cough or sneeze we go and cook them.

But with this twisted orphanage we lie to the kids telling them that their going to get adopted.

It's sick but what can we do.

I barely eat I'm almost skin and bone.

I hear a man yelling run I look out the window seeing fledgling vamps running into the village tearing people apart.

I close the window and send the kids to the basement.

I grab a shotgun and sit on a chair and aim at the front door.

Mako“ *inhales* *Exhales*.

I hear more screaming and just then a fledgling storms through the door I pull the trigger.

It turns to a burned out skeleton I aim at the door again but I notice something.

The Queen and King of vamps is here.

They walk in and I notice their eyes.

Gold.

I pull the trigger but nothing comes out I drop the gun and run for the basement, but I got grabbed and I'm carried towards the beasts who killed my parents.

The Queen's golden eyes turn red and she smiles at me but I don't return it.

The King walks towards me and gives me a smile.

He looks at the fledglings.

??“ *chuckles*.

The fledglings drag me out and the basement door gets ripped open and I hear the kids screaming.

At least they'll die quickly..... I hope.