"I like what you did..."

John and Sherlock walked up the dark, but slightly lit street. John had his arm around Sherlock, trying his best to comfort him.

"Sherlock...are you maybe ready to tell me what happened...?" He asked.
"I...." Sherlock's voice was hoarse.
"You don't have to...it'll just feel better to tell someone you trust." He said. Sherlock looked at him.
"I trust you.." sherlock said.
"...thanks...I trust you too.." John said. He may have seemed calm on the outside but on the inside he was crying happy tears.

He brought him back to his house. Parents were out, Harry was out with her girlfriend.
Sherlock sat down in John's bedroom as John went to get him a glass of water. He cried to himself when John was gone. He wasn't quite sure why he was so miserable. He didn't know why it felt so scary, but it was.

John came back with the glass of water and saw Sherlock thing to hide his tears.
"Oh Sherlock... " John said sadly, placing the water on a bedside locker.
"You're gonna have to tell me sometime..."

Sherlock looked at him with bloodshot eyes.
"Irene....she..." Sherlock stuttered, his voice cracking.
John sat next to him on the bed.

"She tried to kiss me..I-...but I...I didn't want to kiss her..." He looked away.
John's eyes widened.
"What else...happened...?" John asked, cautiously.

"She touched...she put her hands on my shoulders and just..." Sherlock's eyes filled with tears again.
John held his hand. Sherlock's heart skipped a beat. He tried to continue but was stuttering.
"She...she er...my shirt.. and.. " sherlock tried to say.
"Did she touch you any lower than your chest?" John asked sincerely.
"No."
John sighed with relief. He put his head in his hands.

"Are...are you okay...John?" Sherlock asked.
"No..no I'm not. I just nearly saw my friend get assaulted, and I wasn't there earlier to defend you and I can't believe she could have done such a thing!!" He said nearly yelling.

"I wish..I just wish I was there sooner to prevent everything that happened. Everything." Sherlock looked at him. He didn't realise until now how much John cared for him. It gave him butterflies.
John looked at him and they made eye contact.

Sherlock looked at his lips but then looked away hoping John didn't notice. But john had noticed this slight twitch. He went slightly red.

You can do this John. For god's sake he just looked at your lips! Do something idiot!!

John reached over and cupped Sherlock's face and kissed him gently but quickly. Sherlock was taken aback. 2 seconds later John let go and looked away quickly.
"I- I don't know what I did there...I...it came over me..! I'm sorry! I didn't - I didn't mean it..!! Even after...after what happened...aah! I'm so sorry....!!"
There was silence.

John looked back at him. He was staring into his eyes.

"I didn't like what Irene did." Sherlock said. John looked down ashamed of what he did.

"But..." John looked at him.

"I like what you did.." he said.
There was a pause.

Then john leaned in again and kissed him. Sherlock kissed him back gently and soon they were engrossed with eachother. The glass of water was forgotten upon the table next to them for the next hour..