the Park

Sherlock grabbed the crutch beside the front door. He was brought to hospital just in case, but the doctors said he was fine. The teachers said he wasn't fit to be back at school for a few days.

"I'm going on a walk..." he shouted. Mycroft came after him.
"I am not letting you go on a walk on your own. I'm coming with you." He said. Sherlock sighed angrily, but felt relieved inside.

They walked down the path in silence.
"The park?" Mycroft asked, his mouth twitched.
"Yep. It's a nice place to go and just think." Sherlock said. Mycroft rolled his eyes.
"You and that 'Mind Palace' thing of yours." Then he looked at Sherlock. He smiled.

They walked through the gates of the park. There was a playground with a bunch of little kids. One kid stared at Sherlock and another pointed and asked his mum,
'Why does he look like that??". The kid's mother shushed him and walked on.

The fountain was running and the pond was clear. Then Sherlock spotted someone in the distance, kicking a football on his own.

"It's..John!" He sounded surprised. Mycroft gestured him forward.
"I'll wait here." He said and sat down on a bench. He took out his phone.

Sherlock walked over to John. John turned around then he grinned.
"Hey Sherlock!" He waved. John patted him on his shoulder.
"Not a dislocated shoulder then?" He asked.
"Yeah, your diagnosis was incorrect.." Sherlock said, and John laughed. Sherlock liked his laugh, it comforted him.

"Why aren't you in school?" Sherlock asked.
"Got suspended for violence. I'm going back next week. As well as Liam." He rolled his eyes. Sherlock shook his head. There was a pause.

"Hey I was wondering if you'd like to maybe come over to mine sometime?" John asked him, losing the eye contact.
Sherlock was taken aback.

"I guessed it would be fun, since we are friends now.." Sherlock smiled. John lifted his arms up.
"Only if you want to anyways!" He said quickly. Sherlock nodded.

"Are you free now..? It's just, Mycroft is so boring and I've gotten fed up with playing chess..." Sherlock asked. John's eyes widened.
"Y-yeah! I am. Would you like to..?" John asked. His face reddened a bit, but Sherlock didn't see it.
"Of course!" Sherlock grinned.
"Let me just make sure Mycroft knows." He said and walked back to his brother. John smiled.

"Going over to John's. Can you pick me up later?" Mycroft looked up.
"Sure." Mycroft answered.

Sherlock turned around and nodded to John.
John did the double thumbs up happily.