"Wow" Miranda said.

"Yeah, wow" Gregory said then sank into his seat "I think I'm going to be sick"

"Why are you being such a cry baby, Gregory?"
He flashed a middle finger at Miranda as he rubbed his palm on his abdomen which made her laugh.

"Are there any criminals you haven't caught?"

Claire shook her head "Nope, caught everyone I investigated"

"Ever shot someone?"

Claire exhaled "Several"

"Damn. It must've been awesome working as a detective. You know? All that adrenaline rush, being able to solve all those mysteries just like in the movies?"

Claire shrugged "It's not as fun as they make it seem, trust me. Being a detective gets super depressing sometimes"

"So, I'm guessing that's why you no longer work as a detective?" Gregory asked with his eyes shut and Claire shrugged again.

"Something like that"

Miranda arched an eyebrow.
"Something like that?"

She nodded "Something like that"

Miranda stared at her and knew there was an under layer of information Claire refused to share. Not wanting to ruin the atmosphere, she quickly smiled then continued talking.

"But, how does that work though?" She asked and Claire arched an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Being a detective and then later becoming a receptionist for a sad woman"

Claire chuckled at her description of Sarah.

"Hey, don't say that about Sarah"

"Ouu, someone is getting all defensive for his crush" Miranda said while she nudged Claire. Claire turned to Gregory, genuinely stunned.

"You like Sarah?"

Gregory's face blushed a small tint of red.

"I mean, not "like her" like, like her-"

"I caught Gregory one time muttering in his sleep about how he wants her to cuddle him"

"Miranda!" The touch of red on his face brightened and both Claire and Miranda laughed "Quit it, or I'm telling Walter you're all giddy for him"

She gasped "You wouldn't?"

"I'm going out with him on Saturday, try me"

Miranda went silent while Claire continued to laugh.

Despite how much she kept to herself to avoid her secrets being easily spilled out to the rest of her agency, Claire still spoke occasionally with everyone else who was under Adkins paycheck. But, there was never any office banter or jokes.

Just steal some money and go home.

Despite the fact that she was brought against her will, she felt elated that she could actually be involved in office gossip or at least, conversations that didn't involve dead bodies and crime.

Conversations like these were a once in a lifetime thing for Claire.

"Well" Claire said and both parties stopped glaring playfully at each other then turned to her "Personally, I don't think Sarah is bad looking and I don't think she's old either"