Chapter 2: Why was it easy?

Grey phantoms POV

Being bored is something that Grey phantom considers a crime of the first offense, which is why she makes questionable life decisions.

A couple of examples of some decisions she made for the sole reason being that she was bored.

1: Planned, arranged, and executed her own funeral because she forgot to pack Kian lunch and didn't want to face his wrath

2: Burned down her kitchen trying to build an in-home furnace to make pizza because she saw a commercial for a pizza. *Cough* Twice *Cough*

3: Laid a curse on a squirrel to see if it affects animals differently than it does humans. (He exploded)

4: Became a vigilante/criminal to help people but to also annoy the ninja which she deemed to be very entertaining.

5: Stole a police uniform and became part of the ninja go police force for a day. (That day might have been the same day that the police force started a petition/protest against the ninja.

And these are things that are mostly on the tame side of things (Yes, tame )

So, let's put some facts about her life on the line now okay.

a) She is a witch not an elemental master therefore doesnt know how to perform spinjitsue. FACT

b) The only people who have the ancient scrolls explaining how to do it are the ninja. FACT

c) Some stupid criminal blew up the mall she worked at so now she has nothing to do during the day. FACT

d) Kian is away on his competition which leaves her with no one to hang with during the afternoon. FACT

e) Obsidian is out there in the city somewhere and he might come back after a week or so which leaves her with no one to hang with at noon. FACT

f) She woke up today and decided that she was interested in visiting the kryptium prison and debating whether she should cut her own bangs. FACT

So presented with the facts above she decided that she had the perfect ingredients for a disaster.

Somewhere else in ninjago

Ninjas POV

The ninja were out in the city keeping an eye out for Grey phantom.

Over the course of almost 4 years the ninja have defeated an army of skeletons, the serpentine and the great devourer, lord garmadon, the dark lord and now a crazy noodles master who was so obsessed with the Anacondrai that he turned himself, his army, and his daughter into Anacondrai.

They were the saviors of Ninjago over and over again they proved themselves.

So why was it that they couldn't catch a lowlife thief that had sent the citizens of Ninjago into a state of terror.

To the people of Ninjago she was the legendary Grey phantom the one neither the ninja nor the police could catch, to herself she saw Grey phantom as merely a past time to ignore the demons that were haunting her but to the ninja, she was a slimy piece of shit that kept slipping out of their hand.

Which is why they started training harder, fighting faster, staying on stakeout a bit longer just in hopes to catch her.

"Okay guys, I have a feeling that today is gonna be our day" said Lloyd, trying very much not to lose hope in catching her.

"Yeah, yeah whatever let's just get this over with" grumbled Cole. His usual calm demeanor was gone; he was getting irritated by this Grey phantom.

He wasn't the only one.