1.

1992 was not a happy year for the British royal family. Scandals and strained relationships cast long shadows over the House of Windsor. But amid the turmoil, the birth of a certain princess brought a ray of sunshine, especially for Prince Charles. His marriage to Princess Diana was no secret—its unhappiness was known to all. Both had made mistakes, and they had come to the painful conclusion that their union was irreparably broken. They were on the verge of going their separate ways.

The news of Diana expecting their third child came as a surprise to everyone, even to the Queen, who had reluctantly agreed to the divorce. The public, who had once dreamed of a fairy-tale romance, now pinned their hopes on this unborn baby, wishing it could be the glue to mend the fractured marriage.

Charles was deeply conflicted. He knew this baby was his, conceived on a night of vulnerability after declaring his lost love for Diana. It had been an accident, a moment of weakness. Yet, when he learned the child's gender, his heart soared. He had always dreamed of having a daughter. Diana, ever the loving mother, felt no regret. She hoped this baby might bring their family closer again, even if just for a fleeting moment.

As Diana went into labor four weeks early, Charles paced back and forth on the hospital floor. His mind raced with worry. Despite their differences, he cared deeply for Diana—the mother of his children.

"Is she alright? Is the baby alright?" he kept asking the staff, his voice a mixture of fear and hope.

Finally, the doctor emerged, his face alight with good news. "Your Royal Highness, Princess Diana has safely delivered a baby girl. Both mother and child are healthy, but the baby must be kept in the NICU for a few weeks as she is premature and needs further observation."

Charles felt a wave of relief wash over him. His heart, however, ached to see his daughter, to hold her and assure himself she was truly safe.

"Can I see the baby?" he asked, his voice trembling with anticipation.

"Yes, of course, sir. This way," the doctor said, guiding the eager father to the NICU.

As Charles approached the incubator, tears welled in his eyes. Inside lay his daughter, so small and fragile, yet so undeniably beautiful. His heart swelled with a love he had never felt before, a love that brought tears he struggled to hold back.

"She's perfect," he whispered, his voice choked with emotion. "Absolutely perfect."

The nurse beside him smiled. "She's a fighter, Your Highness. She'll be just fine."Charles nodded, making a silent vow. He would be the best father to this little girl. He would protect her at any cost.

When he finally returned to Diana's side, she looked up at him with tired yet hopeful eyes. "Is she alright, Charles?"

"She's perfect, Diana," he said, his voice soft and filled with a new determination. "Our little girl is perfect."

Diana smiled, tears of her own filling her eyes. "Maybe...maybe this is a new beginning for all of us."

Charles took her hand, squeezing it gently. "Perhaps it is."

Anyone who saw Charles that day could see it—this baby would be the light of his life. His love for this princess was boundless, a beacon of hope in the darkness that had plagued their lives.In that moment, with his daughter's tiny hand gripping his finger through the incubator's wall, Charles knew one thing for certain: he would love and protect this princess with all his heart, for she had already become the center of his world.