Chapter 4.3

THAT night, under Kushida's orders, everyone, except for Sudou, gathered in my room. Apparently Kushida had even invited Horikita, but it seemed she didn't want to join us.

"So... Has there been any progress, Kushida-chan?"

"There has been progress, yes, but I've also noticed something incredible. Ayanokouji-kun, can I borrow your computer for a minute?"

"Sure," I answered with a nod. Kushida went to my desktop computer, booted it up, and opened the Internet browser.

"Okay. Have a look at this!"

Kushida accessed what appeared to be Sakura's blog. 

"Wait, is that a picture of Shizuku?" 

"Shizuku?"

"She's a gravure idol. She was just featured in a young men's magazine."

"Do you recognize her?" Kushida asked.

"Am I supposed to recognize her?" 

"Look closely."

Kushida clicked on a picture of Shizuku's face. Ike took a long hard look at her, and then...

"She's cute." 

Well, there's that.

"No, not that! This is Sakura-san, isn't it?"

"Kushida-chan, who are you talking about?"

"Sakura-san, from our class."

"Huh? No way, no way. Sakura-san? No, no, no, there's no way that's true." Ike laughed, but Yamauchi's expression stiffened.

"Hey, Ike... You know, when I actually get a good look at her, I... think she probably does look a little like Sakura."

"But she's not wearing glasses, right? And her hair is different."

"Those are simplistic ways to identify somebody..."

 It seemed like Ike still couldn't believe it, though. He was still scrambling in confusion while looking at the screen.

So Sakura is Shizuku? That's a lie, right? I mean, sure, there's a slight resemblance, but they're different people. I mean, look how crazy bright and happy Shizuku is. Right? Come on, Ayanokouji."

"No, Kushida is definitely right. That's Sakura. Here." 

Ayanokouji pointed to one of the pictures.

"You can barely see it, but the door to her dorm room is in this picture."

"It looks like the same as the doors in our dorm."

"Okay, so Sakura is Shizuku after all... I still don't understand the point." Ike ruffled his hair in frustration.

"When I saw Ike-kun reading that weekly magazine, I remembered something. I had the feeling I'd seen Sakura somewhere before," Kushida said.

"Oh my god, there's a gravure idol in our class! I'm so turned on!" Ike exclaimed enthusiastically, unable to hide his excitement. After such an undignified reaction.

"But just when Shizuku started to become really popular, she suddenly disappeared."

And that was the start of Sakura attending ANHS.

As 9:00 Pm approached, it was just about time for our group to split up for the night

As 9:00 Pm approached, it was just about time for our group to split up for the night. Ayanokouji saw us all off at his door.

"Kushida, I still have something I want to talk to you about. Can you stick around for a little bit?"

"Hmm? Something to talk about? Sure."

"Hey, Ayanokouji! What do you need to talk to her about, huh?! Don't tell me it's..."

He dismissed Ike's fears with a wave of his hand. But even after Ayanokouji said they were just going to talk about Sakura, Ike got really close and whispered into his ear.

"Seriously. If you're that worried about it, then wait in the hallway. We'll be done in a minute."

Ike immediately agreed to wait. He struck a pose and stretched himself to his full height, parking himself in the hallway right outside my door. I bit everyone good night and went to my dorm.

I need to finish some things up.

___________________________________________________________________

Word Count: 559 Words