Chapter 3.6

THERE were some incredibly famous, nationally known stores that did business with our school. Even though their customers were only students and the stores themselves weren't too very big, they sold items for everyday use and electronic appliances. Actually, I was planning on going to one of these stores soon to get some equipment that I so desperately need.

"Let's see, I'm sure they have a repair counter somewhere. Let's check it out."

While Kushida headed towards the back of the store, I wondered just how many times she'd come here. Sakura and Ayanokouji followed close behind while me and Kushida were up on front.

I thought about talking to Kushida, but I digress. Much better with the peace and quiet.

Then, footsteps suddenly stopped, me and Kushida looked over to see what's wrong. It seems like Sakura suddenly stopped in her tracks. She was wearing an expression of blatant fear and revulsion.

"Ah, umm... Well..."

It's that creep, isn't it?

"It's nothing."

Yes, that creep will be turned into nothing!

No... calm down. That creep already is nothing... Must not let loose.

Wait, who am I kidding. I don't lash out like that anyways. But man, I don't like him.

Meanwhile, Sakura donned an earnest smile and walked to the repair counter. Kushida, Ayanokouji and I exchanged looks, but decided to follow her.  Kushida talked to the store clerk and asked him to repair the digital camera. Meanwhile, incredibly bored, I checked out the appliances on display. Recorders, cameras... nothing much.

Anyway, the creep was quite the otaku, judging from how passionate he was about a wide range of subjects, from idol elections to idol magazines. Because Kushida didn't show any signs of disliking the conversation, he probably thought he could successfully ask her out. However, I believed she would try her hardest to sidestep the invitation. He seemed to be getting excited over talking to such a cute girl, but their conversation didn't proceed any further. As I'd expected, Kushida began to feel awkward. In order to conclude their business, she urged Sakura to hand over the camera. When the store clerk opened up the camera to confirm the contents, he saw that part of it had been damaged from the fall. Fortunately, because Sakura still had the warranty card, the item could be repaired free of charge.

Finally, all Sakura had to do was fill out her contact information, and we'd be done. But Sakura's hand suddenly stopped as she filled out the form.

"Sakura-san?"

Kushida, thinking that something strange was going on, called out to Sakura. She seemed to be hesitating for some reason. I didn't intend to say anything at the time, but her attitude seemed to weigh on my mind. And also-

The store clerk, who had previously been absorbed in his conversation with Kushida, now stared directly at Sakura. Both Sakura and Kushida were looking down at the form, so they didn't notice. But the clerk had unsettling eyes. Even men would find it a little creepy. No, not even a little, any sane human being would be creeped out by this creep.

"Can I see that for a second, Sakura?" I asked.

Standing next to Sakura, I reached for the pen she was holding. She didn't seem to understand why I wanted it, but she anxiously handed it over.

"Sir, when the repairs are finished, please contact me." 

"H-hey, wait a minute. Contact you? She's the owner, isn't she? That would be...