Chapter 3.5

ON Sunday, Ayanokouji gave me a call, asking if I wanted to hang out with him, Kushida and Sakura so they can repair Sakura's camera. I agreed so I began putting on my clothing to go outside.

A couple of days ago, I found out that my favorite outfit to wear in my previous world was actually in here as well. Red and white whole tracksuit and some black sneakers.  I decided to put on the tracksuit jacket, a black shirt, cargo pants and black sneakers. 

Ring!

"I wonder who it is?" I said as I picked up the phone.

... Ike?

I answered the call and waited calmly for about 5 se-

"YO! SHINJIRO ,WANNA GO TO OUR DORM TO PLA-"

God fucking damn it! He's blowing my eardrums! Before he said anything else, I quickly ended the call and texted Ike "No

God fucking damn it! He's blowing my eardrums! Before he said anything else, I quickly ended the call and texted Ike "No."

"Phew, now that's out of the way, time to meet up with them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I met with Ayanokouji at the shopping mall after he texted me where he was. After seeing each other, I greeted him.

"Hey."

"Hello."

... After that we waited for a couple of minutes before Kushida showed up.

"Good morning!"

"O-oh, hey. Good morning." Really Ayanokouji?

"Morning to you, Kushida."

"Sorry, were you guys waiting long?"

"Oh no. We just got here." Ayanokouji stated.

"This is the first time we've met up on a day off. It's refreshing." Kushida said.

Kushida laughed, maybe because she felt the same way. What the heck was with that cute smile? Something that adorable was against the rules. Perhaps Ike and the others hadn't seen this before. Did that make me happiest of all? I had to contain my excitement in front of her. Why am I falling for such a girl! Then, Kushida spoke up, as if she had just remembered something.

"Weren't you really busy during your downtime last week? I'm glad that you came despite that, Ayanokouji-kun."

... busy? Wait did he miss something?

"I'm talking about Ike-kun and the others going to that café, of course."

Oh that. I declined that shit.

"By any chance..." Kushida began.

"A-ah. That's it. Now that you mention it, I didn't... I didn't hear about it." Ayanokouji said.

Ayanokouji looked up to the sky and sighed.  After that we started moving. I was walking a bit more faster than them.

"I didn't mean anything... I'm sorry, I guess I said something wrong..."

"Don't worry about it. Really, I don't care. Was it fun?" 

"You do seem to care..."

Since I was aware I was walking fast, I stopped and turned around.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

Kushida froze suddenly, which I thought was strange.

"I think we've had really nice weather lately." Ayanokouji said.

"Ah. Sorry. I think I might look a little out of place next to you." He muttered.

No, no, that's not true at all. I think we're great together," she replied.

"So, you're saying someone simple like me is a good match for you? I should accept an insult like that?"

"Yeah."

"Pwuah!"  I made a loud laugh before calming myself down. That was very unexpected. Hey, wait, is that?

"You're that surprisingly delicate, Ayanokouji-kun? I don't really care what others say. I don't think it's an insult at all. I really think we suit each other. She asked me to invite you, Ayanokouji-kun. Didn't Sakura-san contact you?"

Hey guys, look over here.

"Sakura? No. I haven't really talked to her."

"Perhaps it was love at first sight?" Ayanokouji said. Such a "dramatic and unrealistic" scenario would be absolutely ridiculous. W-wait, guys, she's-!

"Right now, how about we sit and wait?

"Sure. Well... Hey, uh, isn't that Sakura-san sitting next to us?"

Sakura, clearly flustered and indeed sitting on the bench next to us, stood and gave a sheepish bow. Had Sakura really been sitting there the entire time? Amazing that we hadn't noticed her at all. Not a sign of her presence or aura.

"I was trying to tell you guys." In my mind so I was at fault here.

"I'm sorry, I don't stand out much, I suppose... Good morning," Sakura said.

"No, I don't think you blend in too much. I definitely felt your presence," I said.

"Oh, you don't need to say that for my sake, Ayanokouji-kun."

Sakura bowed her head apologetically, and slowly straightened. Sakura was wearing a hat, and even a surgical face mask, which made it difficult to recognize her at a glance. I wondered if she'd caught a cold or something. Or is it just fashion choice? 

"You kind of look suspicious..." I blurted out.

"Rather than saying you look suspicious, I think you actually stand out more."

"Yeah, I suppose so. I think I do stand out, especially here," Sakura responded. Sheepishly, she removed her mask.

She didn't seem to have a cold. Rather, she seemed like the type to wear the mask in order to avoid attention. She must have really hated standing out. Isn't that reverse psychology? Isn't she just bringing more attention to herself since a random person wearing a surgical face mask is weird? Well, not in my world but it's weird here.

"So anyway, about my digital camera. Is it okay if we go to the electronics store in the mall?" Sakura asked.

"Well, yes. We did certainly come here to get the camera fixed." Ayanokouji said.

"Yeah, come on. Let's go." I agreed.

"I'm sorry...for making you come along with me."

No, really. It's fine. Besides, that creep is there anyways. I'll make sure to get a beating out of him soon. Or maybe I should let Ayanokouji do it? Jeez, I don't even know myself.

_____________________________________________________________