Aux cable scene 1 (Dreamnoblade)

Start from the beginning

"So you don't mind if people know about us?" Dream asked again, just to be sure.
"No I do not Dream, when do you plan on posting face reveal video?" Techno asked knowing the other had already filmed and edited the video and was just waiting on the right time to post it.
"You're acting like I've already made it" Dream pouted
"Have you?"
"Well yes, but-" Techno cut him off before he could finish
"Like I said, when are you posting it?"
"BUT, that's not the point" Dream finished his sentence from earlier, before answering Techno "I was thinking off doing it on a Saturday" he added quietly
"See! Well you could do this Saturday, it's in 4 days"
"Yea, but that would be to sudden. I think I'm going to tweet about it today and then post it next week. How does that sound?"
"So I've got you for myself for one and a half more weeks then? Better make the most of it. My house after work, we're binge watching the Lion King, no option" Techno decided, walking away backwards and pointing his fingers at his eyes and then at Dream, with the I've-got-my-eye-on-you look. Then he turned around and walked off, filling another box for an online order.

Dream on the other hand got his phone out and opened twitter. He could not wait any longer to post about his soon to be face reveal. Not even 5 minutes after the tweet he had gotten a few thousand likes and quite a couple hundred retweets. All the fans were freaking out, and some of his friends had already dm'd him asking if he really was.
He left them on read.
Well except Tommy, but he had actually called Dream over his phone number, so he didn't have much choice. Even after declining the call multiple times, Tommy kept calling, so eventually Dream answered and confirmed with Tommy that he was actually face revealing, but that he wasn't publicly allowed to announce anything. Tommy reluctantly agreed. But he still made a tweet reading I know everything Dream had decided to allow it, as it didn't reveal anything about his face.

After the call, Dream opened TikTok, wondering what had happened on there recently. Most of his for you page was either filled with random edits of him and his friends, or annoying game play videos were half of the screen was a random family guy clip. He ignored those. After about 5 minutes of scrolling he stumbled upon an edit of some tweet that had been posted. Upon further inspection Dream realised that it was the tweet that he had just posted. Looking at the time, he was surprised. It had been 15 minutes since the tweet was tweeted, and this edit was good. So this person really saw his, opened some editing app and somehow managed to create a 30 second edit of all his irl moments with a bunch of special effects. It seemed that everyday the DreamSMP fans managed to surprise him in some way. Wether that be fan art or fan edits. They were alway so quick too. It made Dream slightly jealous how some people with the ability to create a full picture or edit within a short amount of time, we're his fans. If anything he was their fan.

Suddenly the bell rang and Dreams head snapped up from his phone. There was a woman, in what looked to be her mid 40's, standing on the other side of the till, staring at him.
"Everything alright ma'am?" He asked, putting his phone away.
"Why are you on that thing while your working?" She asked, voice bossy.
"Oh, I don't-" she didn't let him finish
"Never mind your excuse" Karen Dream though to himself "My son bought this here" she put a packet of chewing gum sticks shaped as cigarettes on the counter. Dream was confused "why would you sell an underaged boy cigarettes?" She shouted. Dream was very confused. Not only because it very clearly said chewing gum sticks on the front of the packet, not only because he didn't even work there, but because this was an antique store. Why would an antique store sell chewing gum sticks.
"Oh, I'm sorry ma'am, but-" she cut him off again.
"You should be young man, now tell me why you sold them to him"
"As I was saying ma'am, I do not work here" Dream had a stern tone in his voice and it worked, as the Karen actually listened this time.
"Then why are you behind the counter?" She continued asking.
"I'm just visiting my friend while he works" Dream decided on calling Techno his friend instead of boyfriend, because this Karen looked awfully homophobic. "Also, these are chewing gum sticks, not cigarettes and this is an antique store" Dream pointed to the box lying on the counter. The woman's eyes widened.
"Stop lying, let me speak to your manager"
"But I don't-"
"Yes you do stop trying to trick me, I want to speak with your manager" she was not going to give up, Dream guessed. So with no other option left, he went to get his manager.
"TECHNO!" He shouted to the back.
"You shouldn't shout at your elders like that young man, it's disrespectful" Dream nearly burst out laughing, because Techno was younger than him.

Just then Techno walked around the corner, counting something in his hand as he started talking
"Hm? What do you need Ba-" he looked up and cut off as he saw Dreams eyes and raised eyebrows. He then noticed the other woman standing next to Dream and understood what his lover meant. "Dream?" The woman luckily didn't notice him nearly saying babe.
"Yes, sorry for shouting at you and disrespecting my elders" he said, trying to hide his grin as the woman glared daggers at him.
"Good, now" the woman turned to him "I want you to fire him" Techno looked at Dream, hoping he would give him an explanation, luckily he did.
"Well she can in and wanted to know why we sold her underaged son chewing gum-"
"Cigarettes"
"Oh yes, cigarettes and when I told her we don't sell them she wanted to speak to you, apparently to fire me" Dream summed it up.
"Ah" Techno said, not quite sure what to do "May I see what cigarettes we sold him?"
"Oh yes, go ahead" Techno picked the packet up and opened it, taking one out and smelling it.
"I'm pretty sure these are chewing gum sticks ma'am" he handed the packet back to her, still holding the one he got out.
"No! These are cigarettes, you're all unbelievable!" She started ranting, putting the box into her bag.
Meanwhile Dream moved next to Techno, their shoulders touching to reassure Techno. "Also why do you have pink hair, boys can't have that and you have to have short hair" she decided to start attacking Technos looks. Dream protectively stood in front of Techno, knowing the other would just silently take it.
"His looks don't affect you, so just leave, your son didn't buy those chewing gum sticks here and honestly, I feel bad for him with a mother like you" Dream did not mind people being shitty towards him, he had sort of gotten immune to it, being a content creator gave him a lot of hate. But people attacking Techno for his looks was not something he would accept. Just knowing him for 2 years was enough to realise how differently people treated him just because of his hair. If he had the opportunity to help Techno, he would.
"What are you his bodyguard or something like that?" She spat
"His boyfriend actually" Dream said, not caring what she might think. "And someone who isn't afraid to punch you if you don't leave" she acted as if she didn't care.
"God you're all f@gg0ts! You're going to hell, the both of you!" She shouted, while leaving the shop.

Dream turned to Techno
"You okay?" Dream said, putting an arm around Techno
"I'm fine, thanks though" Techno leaned into Dreams hug, before remembering "oh shit, I still need to pack some things before we close for today" he rushed back into the storage room. Dream looked after him, wondering how he had managed to get Techno to be his boyfriend. They were 22 now and he could not have spent the last 2 years with anyone else better. Life was great.

2182 words