chapter seven

Começar do início

"bye lily."

lily hung up before her sister could start again. she sighed and fell back onto her bed, ready to fall back asleep when the door bell, causing her to sit straight back up. "what the hell?" she muttered to herself. her mother usually done the shopping on a saturday morning and it was too early for her to be back yet. she sighed, quickly putting on a baggy jumper and a pair of socks, convinced it would just be the postman or something that she wouldn't have to change out of her pyjamas for. she brushed her fingers through her messy red hair beside running down the stairs.

the bell rang again as she ran down the stairs and opened the front door, a wave of embarrassment hitting her as she saw who it was. she quickly closed the door but then she thought it was a bit late for that. she sighed, slowly opening it again. "eli." she laughed awkwardly, regretting her outfit choices. "whatcha doing here? on saturday morning? this early? cause we are definitely not doing french on a saturday!"

"no i'm not here for french. i— i came to um...make sure you were okay." eli scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"i'm great." lily said, her voice still scratchy from the events of the day before.

"umm...sure..." eli looked puzzled at the girl, clearly knowing she was lying. "i brought doughnuts!" he smiled, holding up a brown paper bag.

"i don't like doughnuts." lily replied plainly

"oh..." eli panicked "i just heared that their meant to be good when you're hungover-"

"i wasn't drunk!" lily yelled

eli eyes widened, even more panic filling his face. "im not saying you were or anything, i just was trying to do something nice and to properly apologise for being a dick. the full moon was yesterday- and i am not making excuses cause i know i should've never said what i said and then last time i said sorry, you were kinda out of it, so i just wanted you to know that...i am sorry."

"jesus hale, did you forget to breathe?" lily smiled at him. she hated how easy it was to accept the boys apology. she snatched the bag off of him and peered in, before walking into the house. she looked back over her shoulder as she realised the boy was still standing there. "well are you coming in or what?"

"uhh yeah." eli walked quickly in, closing the door behind him and following the girl into the martins kitchen. "i thought you didn't like doughnuts."

"yeah and i lied." lily said, biting into her pink doughnut. "coffee?"

"no. i don't really like coffee." eli leaned onto the island. lily turned slowly, looking at the boy with a puzzled look.

"that's weird hale. very weird..." lily side eyed him as he shrugged, not knowing how to reply.  "how was the full moon?" lily asked

"well other than being a dick" eli smirked at her but his face fell as he continued. "nothing really happened."

"sorry." lily said, unsure what to do. she could hardly tell him about her scream now or it would be like rubbing it into his face.

"someday maybe." eli sighed. he sounded almost as if he didn't even believe himself.

the machine beeped, interrupting the awkwardness. lily smiled, turning to get her coffee but froze as she looked outside. eli noticed immediately how her body tensed up, "lily?" he asked cautiously. "are you okay?"