chapter eight

CHAPTER EIGHT
BUTTERFLIES

❝And why do I get so nervous when I look into your EYES?BUTTERFLIES can't stop me fallin' for you❞

when I look into your EYES?
BUTTERFLIES can't stop me fallin' for you❞

i guess i'm in love
clinton kane

𓆩♡𓆪

lily hated the butterflies. and no not the insect, she actually found those pretty memorising. she hated the kind in your stomach. the ones that you could never figure out if they made you want to jump up and down or throw up into the toilet.

the expression also terrified her as a kid. the idea of having an insect crawling around in your stomach made her want to get all her inside parts checked, no matter how beautiful they may be. so, when over the next two days, every time she thought of eli hale, she wanted to check her self into a mental hospital.

"i don't know what to wear!" lily cried dramatically into her phone on monday morning.

"why do you even care that much? you never do." maddy asked through the phone.

"yeah you look amazing in literally everything." abby laughed back. lily stared into her wardrobe, trying to get some inspiration.

"it's not that i care, i just-"

"wait what classes do you have today?" abby asked suspiciously.

"she totally has french." maddy snickered.

"i do no-...okay i have french." lily admitted.

"mhm, what did i say abby?"

"you said she had french." abby admitted with a sigh.

"and i bet you have a study session afterwards." maddy got it right again causing silence from lilys line.

"aww that's so cute. you like him!" abby sang into the phone.

"i do not!" lily snapped.

"he's still a dick for what he said." maddy sighed. "i don't care if he apologised or not."

"maddy!" abby hissed back at the girl

"what would i do without you guys?" lily asked mockingly.

"okay what about you're cropped crewneck and baggy jeans?" abby suggested.

"didn't i wear that on friday?" lily worried.