chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR
FIGHT OR FLIGHT

❝Fight or flight, I'd rather dieThan have to cry in front of youFight or flight, I'd rather lieThan tell you I'm in love with you❞

Than have to cry in front of you
Fight or flight, I'd rather lie
Than tell you I'm in love with you❞

fight or flight
conan gray

𓆩♡𓆪

usually french was hard enough to walk into. today, it was frickin impossible. she feared her anger would get the better of her, causing her to lash out. or worse, scream. she was scared that the one moment of anger would ruin everything. that instead of showing her that her soul is awake, that the anger is the part of her that loves herself, that'll stick up for her when no one else will, the anger would ruin her.

no. she shook her head. lydia would tell her not to think like that, that if she did it would happen. so lily took a few deeps breaths before walking into the classroom. her heart plummeted as she saw eli already sitting at their seat, staring into nothingness with a stern expression on his face.

"great for you to show up yesterday. it felt amazing standing out in the cold for ages." lily said sarcastically as she dropped into her seat unwilling.

"what? not used to being stood up princess?" eli said, not even hesitating slightly before he said it. and it stung. it stung so damn much lily could feel the colour leave her face.

"i'm sorry? do you have a problem?" lily felt the anger rising like bile in her throat as she turned her head to see the cold expression on his face.

"me? benchwarmer hale have a problem? no. if anything you're the one with the problem." eli barely moved, not taking his eyes off the chair in front of him.

"listen whatever you heard it wasn't me!" lily didn't realise how loud she was speaking until she saw abby and madeleine turn around to face them.

"mhm yeah i'm sure you have a pretty good excuse. what, the full moon? a bad week? your period? a shitty boyfriend?"

that was it. the moment her heart sunk. that's it, she thought. this is the worst feeling. being hurt by the person that you explained your pain to. just as she thought the past twenty four hours couldn't have gotten any worse, they did.

she gasped, slowly closing her eyes and dragging her head away from the boy. "fuck you!" she simply said, standing up causing her chair to scrape against the floor. she walked a few steps, seeing the shocked face of her friends. she bent down to them quickly informing them that she's going home and that they could send her the notes before running out of the class.

"lily." she heard her mom call her name as she passed her talking to some other student in the halls but lily didn't stop. she tore through the hall, trying to keep it together. she flung open the doors and ran to her car, not looking back to the school.