chapter one

CHAPTER ONE
F*CK THIS CLASS
PRE-MOVIE

"They met in class for metaphysical philosophyHe tells his friends, "I like her 'cause she's so much smarter than me""

metaphysical philosophy
He tells his friends, "I like her 'cause
she's so much smarter than me""

people watching
conan gray

𓆩♡𓆪

lily walked into her french class, also referred to as hell, after the mid term break to find a new seating plan and the tables pushed together in pairs. as if this class want bad enough she was now forced to sit beside some possible stranger, isolated for her friends. for some reason mrs. brown still forced seating plans when most of the other teachers had given up. lily had been lucky so far this year, seating beside either her friends or someone she could get on with. but now she feared her luck had ran out.

she looked around the seats that were slowly filling up to see her two friends who took this class sitting next to each other laughing. lily breathed in and out, slowly composing herself as she walked over to the desk to see where she was sat.

she scanned the page, searching for her name. she found it in the back corner but her heart lurched as she saw who was next to her.

eli hale.

despite the two families both having ties to the supernatural the two never crossed paths. lily was dreading the day that they do as she had a feeling it would be highly awkward. they revolved in completely different circles. lily was in the so called popular friend group, following in her sister's footsteps, everyone knew and adored her. whereas eli was more of the unathletic benchwarmer for the lacrosse team.

lily looked over to see the brunette already seated, fidgeting aggressively with his pen. he stopped suddenly when he saw the girl watching and lightly smiled, sitting up straight as she began walking over.

"hey." lily said awkwardly, automatically regretting it as she pulled out her seat and threw her bag down under the desk.

"hi." eli cleared his throat leaving the pair in an uncomfortable silence.

thankfully the teacher walked in just in time, silencing the class. she babbled on for ages, welcoming them all back from their break before she began handing out their test results.

lily was mainly a straight A student, never failing a test, never failing except for french. she may have the same brains as her sister, but not the same skill set when it came to languages.

the teacher slide the girls paper back towards the girl. lily slowly opened her eyes, wincing as she saw the bright red pen that had marked her test with a F.