Chapter Thirty-One - Ethan's POV

En başından başla

I let it come across like I was trying to offer a favour, but far from it. Seeing her wearing my clothes, was something that I definitely wanted to see for my own selfish satisfaction. I liked it when she wore my clothes; it made it feel like we were together. That and the image of Mia in my big oversized clothing led my mind down a dangerous trail.

Mia once again looked my way, and her eyes softened. "Thanks for offering, but-"

A last-minute wave of frustrated panic ran through me as I realized, she was about to reject me. Not on my watch.

"My mum is also home, and she would be more than happy to look after Damien for you.." I offered persuasively with a knowing smile on my face. My mum probably wouldn't be happy to look after Damien, but that was beside the point.

Her eyes immediately lit up. "Amazing, sold, let's go," Mia said almost immediately.

Quickly picking up her backpack, she swung it on, emphasizing her now eagerness to leave. Clearly, an offer for someone to look after Dylan for her was far too good of an offer to pass on.

I smiled in victory, happy that I'd finally won and successfully convinced her to come home with me. Well, technically she thought she was coming for a free babysitting service, not a semi-date with me, but whatever, a win's a win.

As I went to take another glance at her, my eyes subconsciously found themselves drifting low, and this time I looked at her for the first time properly since she fell into the lake. Mia was wearing a white-soaked top, and thanks to the water, it was now pretty see-through. I swallowed hard, realizing I could see the outline of her red bra pretty clearly. That, and how body fitting her top was now to her torso. It was outlining every last line of her body perfectly. Too perfectly.

My mind as weak as it was, then naturally started to take a little detour and soon I was thinking, and imagining things I very well shouldn't. Things that if Mia knew I was thinking about would get me a strong slap across the head.

I was vaguely conscious Mia had started to talk, but I was too distracted to let the words properly land. Suddenly, she stopped talking and must have noticed my drifted gaze, her eyes fell to look at her chest also. Immediately, Mia let out a light shriek of a cry as she saw what had become of her shirt.

"Crap, why didn't you tell me," she cried in panic as she immediately crossed her arms over her chest in panic.

I couldn't help but find her reaction incredibly cute – from the light blush of her cheeks to her large widened brown eyes.

I knew I shouldn't be trying to make things worse, but it was too late, and the next thing I knew, I stepped to move closer to her. Very close. Putting a hand on her back, I leaned my mouth down to her ear. She sucked in a slightly shaky breath, but she didn't move.

"Because I was immensely enjoying the view," I whispered honestly against her ear.

At once, the same blush from before returned to her cheek but with more fierceness. Looking up at me, she pushed me away in embarrassment with her lips lifted in a half-awkward smile.

I could tell she thought I was joking; messing with her. But I wasn't. With the years I'd put in conditioning her to think every flirtatious comment I threw her way was a joke, I couldn't exactly say it was stupid of her to think that way.

Now I suppose it was different – now I had acted on my feelings by kissing her. But perhaps, she thought I did that as a joke too. Or worse thought I was using her.

Bringing myself back to the present, I let out a low chuckle and decided to finally play nice. "Here wear this," I offered as I slid my jacket off my shoulders.